The AACSB accredited Gary W. Rollins College of Business at the University of Tennessee at Chattanooga is accepting applications for a one-year, non-tenure track position to begin August 1, 2019. The candidate must hold a Master’s in Business Administration or Masters of Science degree in a closely related field.
In addition to teaching, the selected candidate is required to actively participate in professional activities sufficient to maintain appropriate qualifications under AACSB standards. The candidate is expected to participate in student engagement activities, advising and mentoring, and on-line classes is also desirable. Strong candidates will have compelling evidence of teaching effectiveness and relevant business work experience. Review of applications will begin immediately, seeking candidates who have the ability to contribute in meaningful ways to the diversity and intercultural goals of the University.
· Provides instruction for courses at a variety of times and locations.
· Demonstrates a commitment to student engagement, student success, and instructional excellence.
· Maintains access to students through posted office hours and electronic communication.
· Prepares and utilizes a course syllabus and assessments for each course using guidelines established by the institution.
· Maintains current knowledge of effective teaching methodologies and utilizes a variety of instructional delivery methods, classroom media, and educational resources.
· Evaluates students’ performance through a variety of means to measure progress and keep them informed in a timely manner.
· Assists in the development, distribution and collection of assessments for courses and program objectives.
· Exhibits a commitment to lifelong learning through participation in professional development activities.
· Possesses a passion for teaching college students.
· Demonstrates effective communication skills, both written and orally.
· Attends college orientation and required institutional meetings.
· Responsible for other related duties as assigned.
· A strong commitment to stay current and professionally qualified.
Candidates must hold a Masters in Business Administration or Master of Science in a closely related field from an accredited institution. Experience in Microsoft Office with a heavy emphasis on excel is required. The candidate must have recent experience teaching college level also the candidate should demonstrate excellence in teaching, with a willingness to incorporate active learning strategies in the classroom. The candidate must also have a least five years of current professional activities related to Computers in Business content.
The University of Tennessee at Chattanooga is the second largest school in the University of Tennessee System, serving a diverse student body of more than 11,000 undergraduate and graduate students through five academic colleges. UTC offers a unique blend of private and public school traditions and is a driving force for achieving excellence, embracing diversity, inspiring positive change, and enriching the community. Since its founding as Chattanooga University in 1886, UTC has developed a reputation for excellence built on an unusual blend of the private and public traditions of American high education. For more than 83 years, the university was a private school. In 1969, UTC became part of the state university system. Today, UTC is on a journey to excellence – boldly embracing a passion for excellence in all things and focused on changing lives and transforming communities. The UTC commitment – each and every day – is to earn the trust and confidence of those we serve. Our goal is to make a difference in our community and in the lives or our students.
Chattanooga is the fourth largest city in the state, is located in Southeast Tennessee near the border of Georgia at the junction of four interstate highways. The city has received national recognition for the renaissance of its beautiful downtown and redevelopment of its riverfront. Chattanooga also has the fastest internet in the country. Home to the first Gig Internet in the United States, Chattanooga has a 100% fiber network that links every home and business in a 600-square mile area. Companies like Unum, McKee Foods, U.S. Xpress, Volkswagen, Coke United and Amazon.com have chosen to set up shop in Chattanooga. Attractions such as the Tennessee Aquarium, Lookout Mountain, Civil War battlefield sites, the African American Museum, and the Appalachian Train bring thousands of people to the area, as do events like the Riverbend Festival, Nightfall, Jazzanooga, the Creative Discovery Museum for Children, and the Southern Writers Conference. Chattanooga is the home of the seven-time NCAA Southern Conference Football Champions, The University of Tennessee Chattanooga Mocs. People who love the outdoors use Chattanooga as the base for hang-gliding, bass fishing, mountain climbing and caving expeditions; the beautiful Smokey Mountains and Tennessee River support the richest variety of flora of any area in the United States. Chattanooga also has a long and rich past with regard to diversity, which includes Native American heritage, Civil War history, and the Civil Rights movement. Chattanooga is also just a two hour (or less) drive from Atlanta, Nashville, Knoxville, and Birmingham.
The University of Tennessee Chattanooga is and EEO/AA/Title VI/Title IX/Section 504/ADA/ADEA. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, or protected veteran status.
How to apply
Applicants should submit the following information within our online application system for consideration:
· Cover letter/letter of interest
· CV, including up-to-date, personal contact information (email, phone, etc.)
· A list of names, addresses, telephone numbers, and email addresses for three (3) references.
· Unofficial transcripts