The Department of English Literature at the University of Reading is looking to appoint a Lecturer in Literature in English. The successful candidate will contribute to teaching and research in one or more areas of the post-1800 period. This permanent, full-time post will involve all aspects of academic employment, including teaching, examining, administration, research and publication of assessable outputs, cultural outreach and impact activity. The Department recruits well to its programmes, and has a strong track record in teaching and research; we are keen to welcome a new colleague to our expanding and dynamic team.
You will have:
- A track record of high-quality research publications suitable for submission to REF2021
- Appropriate higher educational qualifications
- Experience of teaching at university level in a relevant area
- Collaborative skills, and a willingness to work as part of a team
- The willingness and ability to contribute to outreach and recruitment activities
Informal contact details
Contact role: Head of Department
Contact name: Peter Stoneley
Contact phone: 0118 378 5095
Contact email: email@example.com
How to apply
Interviews to be held: Week commencing 13 November
The University is committed to having a diverse and inclusive workforce, is a Stonewall Diversity and Global Diversity Champion, and supports the principles of the Race Equality Charter and Athena SWAN. Applications for job-share, part-time and flexible working arrangements are welcomed and will be considered in line with business needs.