Posting Number: 2016670F
The Ohio University Southern ADN and BSN program seeks a non-tenure track faculty candidate with an emphasis on teaching clinical competencies with traditional on-campus students. This is a part-time term, .75FTE position at the Lecturer of Nursing rank starting Fall Semester 2018 on the Southern campus.
This position will plan, implement, and evaluate instruction and clinical competencies using traditional teaching delivery modalities.
Teaching is the major responsibility of Group II faculty. Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Identifies needs of learners relative to the objectives of the program.
- Develops plans for learning experiences in the classroom, clinical or lab setting as determined by the Associate Director based on program needs.
- Creates a climate conducive to learning.
- Evaluates learners’ progress.
- Maintains appropriate records and reports.
- Improves own teaching abilities.
- Advising- Serves as an academic advisor for pre-nursing and nursing students as determined by the terms of the appointment to the position.
- Attends faculty meetings as determined by the terms of the appointment to the position.
- Attends regularly scheduled course meetings with course coordinator and course faculty to plan course objectives and activities, to discuss student problems and experiences, to evaluate student progress, and to determine action needed.
- Meets with the Associate Director and/or Director of School of Nursing as needed.
- Master’s Degree in Nursing by the time of appointment (8/16/2018) from an approved school of professional nursing.
- Holds current license or eligible for licensure in the State of Ohio as a registered nurse.
- Holds current license in any other state where faculty member is required to supervise students.
- At least three years experience in the nursing profession with preference given to at least one year in nursing education.
- Evidence of leadership experiences in nursing, participation in professional organizations and relevant community activities.
Preference given to those with medical surgical and/or critical care experience.
commensurate with qualifications. Employees also enjoy a generous benefits package which include health benefits, paid time off, and educational benefits for employees and eligible dependents.
How to apply
Applications Accepted From
Public: Open to the Public
Special Instructions to Applicants
- Please complete the online application and attach required documents. Required documents include a detailed cover letter, current resume/CV, unofficial transcripts, and a list of at least three (3) professional references with current contact details, including email addresses. Other optional documents that applicants may choose to attach include actual or proposed course syllabi, a statement of teaching philosophy, and a statement of research interest(s).
- The position will remain open until filled. For full consideration, please apply by March 30, 2018.
- Employment is contingent upon successful completion of a criminal background check.
This position is eligible for the following benefits:
Level 4 – Medical/Rx, Vision, Dental, Ortho; Basic/Supp/Dep Life; Educ. Benefits; Sick Leave; Holidays Paid; Retirement
Posting Close Date
The position will remain open until filled. For full consideration, please apply by March 30, 2018.
Applicants may contact this person if they have questions about this position.
Mashawna Hamilton, email@example.com
Ohio University is committed to creating a respectful and inclusive educational and workplace environment. Ohio University is an equal access/equal opportunity and affirmative action employer with a strong commitment to building and maintaining a diverse workforce. Women, persons of color, persons with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply. Ohio University is a member of the OH/Western PA/WV Higher Education Recruitment Consortium. www.ohwpawvherc.org
Clery Act Crime Statistics
To view the Clery Act Compliance Report Click here