Posting Number: F2012139
THE DEPARTMENT OF TEACHER EDUCATION IN THE COLLEGE OF ARTS AND SCIENCESAT CLAYTON STATE UNIVERSITY is seeking applicants for the position of Lecturer of Education to teach undergraduate education courses starting in the fall of 2018. The successful candidate will be expected to teach multiple sections of introductory Education courses, as well as courses that include supervising student teachers in local area middle and high schools. This is a ten-month position with a two semester appointment. The position requires teaching five undergraduate courses per semester.
- Ph. D. or Master’s Degree in Education with experience working in elementary, middle and/or secondary education
- Minimum Education Requirements: Master’s degree with 18 graduate hours in Education
- Three years of full-time teaching experience in elementary, middle, or secondary classrooms
- Successful undergraduate and graduate college teaching experiences
- Experience supervising student teachers in a public school setting
- Ability to teach a wide range of education courses for candidates concentrating in elementary, middle, and secondary education
- Excellent oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills
Minimum Education Requirements
Master’s Degree in Education with experience working in elementary, middle and/or secondary education
- Teach introductory, foundation, and general education courses,
- Supervise student teachers in field placements in local k12 schools
- Participate in university-public school partnership activities
- Participate in service to the department, college, and university
How to apply
Please submit cover letter, CV/resume, transcripts.
Clayton State University is an equal employment, equal access, and equal educational opportunity and affirmative action institution. It is the policy of the University to recruit, hire, train, promote and educate persons without regard to race, color, national or ethnical origin, age, disability, gender, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or veteran status as required by applicable state and federal laws (including Title VI, Title VII, Title IX, Sections 503, and 504, AREA, ADA, E.O. 11246, and Rev. Proc. 75-50). Clayton State University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Institution. For questions or more detailed information regarding this policy please contact the Clayton State University Office of Human Resources at (678) 466-4230. Individuals requiring disability related accommodations for participation in any event or to obtain print materials in an alternative format, please contact the Disability Resource Center at: (678) 466-5445.