Coppin State University, College of Business invites applications for a full time non-tenure track Lecturer of Sports Medicine beginning Fall 2018. Successful applicants will demonstrate an ability and commitment to teaching, recruiting students, advising student organizations, making intellectual contributions to the field, professional service, grant writing, professional development, and meeting the instructional standards of the department, school, and university. The successful candidate will also participate on departmental, college, and university committees. This is a 10-month position beginning in August 2018. The College of Business is accredited by ACBSP.
- Teach 12 credit hours of undergraduate day and/or evening courses.
- Commitment to scholarly research and publication.
- Grant writing.
- Undergraduate student advising.
- Service to the University and community.
- Service on designated departmental and university-wide committees.
- Doctoral degree in Podiatric Medicine or related field from an accredited institution required.
- Three years of collegiate experience at the Lecturer level preferred.
- Exemplary work in teaching, research, and community service.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, AND ABILITIES:
- Must be able to independently manage multiple tasks and set priorities.
- Possess strong oral/written communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills.
- Experience and an appreciation for and are committed to working in a global, multicultural academic setting. Ability to meet the challenges of adult students from diverse backgrounds.