Requisition Number: 171200
Boise State University Mathematics Department invites interested applicants for the position of Lecturer. The position is full time with 80% of time devoted to teaching. Teaching duties will be concentrated in Statistics, especially introductory level Statistics for non-MATH majors. Successful applicants with suitable qualifications may also be expected to teach other mathematics courses like, for example, Calculus.
- Teach Statistics and other mathematics courses.
- Participate in activities to help shape the design and pedagogy of our statistics instruction;
- Work with other dedicated professionals to provide a quality undergraduate experience for Boise State students.
At a minimum you should have:
- Master degree in statistics, or mathematics, or related field,
- be on track to complete the degree;
- Experience teaching college level statistics /mathematics.
The preferred candidate will:
- Have experience teaching in introductory and advanced statistics courses;
- Be able to develop and demonstrate modern teaching methodologies, including evidence-based instructional practices and the use of technology.
Salary and benefits: The 2018 salary range is $39,400-$43,700. Compensation includes an excellent benefits package including medical/dental/vision/life/LTD insurance, retirement plan, reduced tuition benefits, sick leave, paid holidays, as well as other benefits.
How to apply
If you are interested in this position, upload a letter of application indicating your interest and qualifications for this position; a 1-3 page teaching philosophy statement; a CV that includes teaching experience, and a list of three professional references with email addresses and phone numbers.
Review of applications will begin January 17th, 2018 and will continue until finalists are identified. Applications received after that point may be considered if the position is not filled from the finalist pool. The position will be open until filled.
About the University: http://www.boisestate.edu/
About the City of Boise: http://www.boisechamber.org/
About the Department: http://math.boisestate.edu/