NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
Dept. or Office: College of Arts and Sciences, History, Politics & International Relations
A Global American university in Thailand.
Webster University Thailand is an extended international campus of Webster University based in St. Louis, Missouri in the US, which is the only Tier 1, private, non-profit university with campus locations around the world.
In 100 years, Webster University has grown to become a leading light in higher education, ranked by USA News & World Report as one of the top among universities across the US for its international campus program.
The College of Arts and Sciences at Webster University Thailand, International Relations program invites applications for a full time, non-tenure track, faculty position in International Relations at the lecturer rank, beginning in August 2017. This position reports directly to the Head, College of Arts and Sciences based at the Cha’am Campus in Petchaburi Province.
The field of specialization is open, but we have requirements in US Politics, foreign policy and/or development and research methodology. CVs will be reviewed with projected course topics in mind. Prospective faculty must also demonstrate a research agenda, and preferably be published in reputable outlets.
Lecture in International Relations at Cha’am Campus for daytime courses on the BA International Relations program.
Lecturers are professionals with the responsibility of providing a high quality learning experience for Webster University Thailand students on a term basis. The specialization is open and candidates will be shortlisted for interview based on their teaching experience and their areas of research interest. Candidates should be research active in order to contribute fully to our mission and goals.
Lecturers will contribute to teaching and perform instruction-related duties and responsibilities in a timely manner, and in accordance with the mission, policies, and procedures of Webster University Thailand. The successful candidate will also participate in institutional activities and events.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES:
- To engage in undergraduate (and graduate if needed) lecturing
- To supervise graduate student research papers if required
- To engage in examining duties such as production of exam questions/papers, grading, proctoring
- To prepare all forms required for local Thai accreditation requirements (i.e. syllabus, TQF3s, TQF5s etc.) and submit them in a timely manner
- To attend departmental and/or faculty meetings and other events if required
- To take responsibility for the quality of teaching delivered and seek further training, guidance, and skills development to ensure that standards are maintained and improved
- To disseminate knowledge and enhance the reputation of Webster University by:
- Establishing contacts with the wider academic community
- Participating in seminars
- Delivering conference presentations and being research active
- Engaging with events of interest to alumni and the wider public
REQUIREMENTS – EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- A doctoral degree, or near completion, (i.e. Ph.D. in International Relations, Political Science or related field)
- The ability to work effectively with minimal direct supervision
- An evident concern for the welfare of students
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- High quality command of English
How to apply
To be considered for this position, applications must include: (a) cover letter, (b) comprehensive curriculum vitae, (c) photocopies of all post-secondary academic transcripts, and (d) a list of at least three professional and academic references with contact means included. We will only contact referees upon shortlisting.
We are currently looking for an individual who has strong job commitment, enthusiastic, self-confident and hardworking.