Full-time 10 month position, which works with faculty and school districts to promote and foster partnerships for pre-student teaching clinical placements and assist students with field placements and documentation. This position will require occasional travel within the service region.
- Master’s degree in Education or related field.
- Minimum of five (5) years of successful public school teaching experience and current teacher certification.
- Ability to provide appropriate leadership to accomplish department and college goals in regard to pre-student teaching clinical.
- Placement and partnerships with schools.
- Commitment to promoting and integrating diversity and multicultural competencies in educational environments.
- Ability to work in participatory and collaborative ways and to engage in deliberative problem-solving to make sound decisions.
- Comfortable to engage in constructive conflict management and handle confidential information.
- Familiarity with schools and districts in the Murray State service region and surrounding counties.
- Knowledge of curriculum standards, accreditation policies, and effective supervision and mentoring practices.
- Knowledge and ability to work with technology and its applications for data collection, analysis, reporting, and presentation, as well as, for teaching, learning, and supervision.
- Effective and professional oral and written communication.
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to multitask.
- KY teaching certificate.
- A Doctorate (Ph.D. or Ed.D.) P-12 school or district level leadership experience and /or experience working with college students are desirable.
How to apply
Murray State University does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, religion, or marital status in admission to educational programs and activities, or employment practices in accordance with Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 (revised 1992), Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, and the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990. For more information contact the Director of Institutional Diversity, Equity and Access, Murray State University, 103 Wells Hall, Murray, Kentucky 42071; voice (270) 809-3155, TDD (270) 809-3361. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply.