Fort Myers, FL
As the Legal Studies, Assistant Professor you will teach at both undergraduate and graduate levels, as applicable; be involved in course and/or curriculum development; research/scholarship; participate on College and University committees and/or initiatives.
Florida Gulf Coast University is a comprehensive university dedicated to quality education, research, and service. All faculty are expected to be excellent teachers, responsive to changing professional needs; committed to innovative delivery of instruction resulting in improved student learning; committed to effective use of technology including distance learning; produce peer reviewed scholarship; and provide service to the College, University and Community. Teaching assignments may be on the main campus or at off-campus sites within our region.
- A Ph.D. in Justice Studies or related field from a regionally accredited institution or equivalent accreditation with a commitment to quality undergraduate education.
- ABD will be considered if degree is conferred by August 7, 2019. If successful candidate is ABD, appointment will be made at a Lecturer level on a fixed contract.
- A Ph.D. in human rights, forensic studies, taphonomy, anthropology, geography, legal studies or related fields from a regionally accredited institution or equivalent accreditation.
- Testified in criminal court as an expert witness.
- Successful teaching experience including field work with students.
- Experience with evidence related to wildlife crimes and/ or natural or human inducted environmental disasters.
- Appropriate record of publications or presentations.
- Experience and willingness to develop an active research program including engagement with undergraduate students.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
Experience or commitment to the use of technology in distance learning & university teaching. Interest in collaborating both within and outside the University in the development and delivery of instruction resulting in improved student learning. Must value continued scholarship and service to the school and university.