Librarian I (Acquisitions)
Prairie View A&M University
Proposed Minimum Salary
Prairie View, Texas
The Librarian I (Acquisitions), under general supervision, performs tasks in one or more functional areas within the library.
- Serve on Library Committees; assume leadership role as Chair of selected library committees; pursue opportunities for professional development, including workshops, conferences, seminars, and specialized training classes.
- Serve as a department liaison librarian; perform collection development duties.
- Assist with material inventory and other library projects involving the monograph collection.
- Develops, prepares and distributes reports for Library Administration and Collection Development for use in decision making.
- Work with library administration and technical services staff to develop policies, workflows and procedures for the acquisition of library materials.
- Oversee the purchasing process of monographic materials for the library. This includes the placement of orders with venders, the payment of invoices, making sure that proper ILS acquisition procedures are followed and overseeing the budget for monographic purchases.
Required Education and Experience:
- Master’s degree in Library Science from an ALA accredited program.
- No prior experience needed.
- Three years or more of related Higher Education experience.
Preferred Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of word processing, spreadsheet, and database applications.
Job Posting Close Date:
How to apply
Please attach all required documents listed below in the attachment box labeled as either “Resume/CV or Resume/Cover Letter” on the application. Multiple attachments may be included in the “Resume/CV” or Resume/Cover Letter” attachment box. Any additional attachments provided outside of the required documents listed below are considered optional.
- Cover Letter
- Resume or Curriculum Vitae:
All applicants are required to apply via our Career Site on or before the closing date indicated on the job posting. Applicant inquiries received via email and websites such as Indeed, HigherEdJobs, etc. will not be considered unless the individual has applied to the available position via the PVAMU Career site.
The required documents listed in the above Required Attachments section must be attached to the application prior to the job closing date indicated to ensure full consideration for the application submitted. Please contact the Office of Human Resource on or before the closing date indicated above at 936-261-1730 or firstname.lastname@example.org should you need assistance with the online application process.
Background Check Requirements:
All positions are security-sensitive. Applicants are subject to a criminal history investigation, and employment is contingent upon the agency’s verification of credentials and/or other information required by agency procedures, including the completion of the criminal history check.
All positions are security-sensitive. Applicants are subject to a criminal history investigation, and employment is contingent upon the institution’s verification of credentials and/or other information required by the institution’s procedures, including the completion of the criminal history check.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer committed to diversity.