The University of North Georgia is currently accepting applications for a Limited Term Faculty in Law/Paralegal Studies. This position will be responsible for teaching 5 three-credit-hour courses on multiple campuses for the fall 2017 and spring 2018 semesters at the University of North Georgia.
Located in the fastest-growing region of the state, the University of North Georgia is a multi-campus university with an enrollment of over 18,000 students, making it one of the largest institutions in the University System of Georgia. UNG is focused on a mission of educational excellence, leadership development and community engagement opportunities that develop students into leaders for a diverse and global society. Through a variety of educational pathways that provide access and range from certificates and associate degrees to a professional doctoral program, UNG is responsive to regional education and economic development needs. Federally designated as a senior military college, one of the university’s signature leadership programs is its 800-member Corps of Cadets on UNG’s Dahlonega Campus.
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
- The Limited Term Faculty member will be responsible for teaching accounting classes on multiple campuses.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- The successful candidate will demonstrate a commitment to innovative learning and embrace an enthusiastic commitment to accounting education.
- Candidates should demonstrate excellent communication skills as well as the interpersonal abilities to successfully work with students, faculty, as well as the university and regional communities.
Certifications/Licenses & Minimum Requirements:
- Teaching positions generally require a minimum of a Master’s degree in field from a regionally accredited institution that included a minimum of 18 graduate semester or 30 graduate quarter hours in the subject area.
- Recent professional work experience in field is also required for those who do not hold an earned doctoral degree.
How to apply
Apply online with Cover Letter, Resume/Curriculum Vitae, Unofficial Transcripts
Special Instructions to Applicants:
If you received any graduate degrees from an institution outside the United States, you must provide a foreign course-by-course credential evaluation by an independent evaluation service that is a member of the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services, Inc. (NACES). Find a full list of NACES members at http://www.naces.org/members.htm.
Please submit contact information for three professional references.
All employment offers are contingent upon successful completion of a background investigation, as determined by the University of North Georgia in its sole discretion. The University of North Georgia, a unit of the University System of Georgia, is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sex or national origin, age, disability, religion, genetics or veteran status. Georgia is an open records state. Also, UNG is a federal contractor and desires priority referrals of protected veterans.
We provide equal employment opportunities to minorities, females, protected veterans, and disabled individuals, as well as other protected groups.