Requisition Number: 05827
The School of Pharmacy at West Virginia University is seeking applications for a Marketing and Communications Director. This position is responsible for serving as the chief professional communicator for the WVU School of Pharmacy and as a key member of the University Relations Health Sciences team.
In order to be successful in this position, the ideal candidate will:
- Provide strategic leadership in identifying media/communications for targeted audiences.
- Develop and implement an integrated communications plan, including social media.
- Develop and implement strategic outreach and communications plans.
- Oversee the creation and implementation of targeted communication and projects.
- Write and/or edit talking points and speeches.
- Write and oversee formatting of publications.
- Develop content for updates and maintain the School’s website.
- Coordinate all School of Pharmacy news media relations with University Relations/News.
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism, marketing, public relations, communications, English or a related field; master’s degree preferred
- Five (5) years of experience in the following:
- Marketing, public relations, or communications
- Writing, interviewing, or project management
- One (1) year of experience managing budgets
- Demonstrated leadership, management, communication and decision making skills
- Exceptional oral/written communication and presentations skills
- Demonstrated ability to manage, coordinate, and supervise multiple projects concurrently
- Demonstrated ability to work with multiple internal and external constituencies and people of diverse backgrounds
- Demonstrated ability to treat sensitive information with appropriate level of confidentially
- Knowledge of and familiarity with West Virginia University
- Demonstrated ability to use independent judgment when prioritizing work and evaluating the criticality of various University issues while multitasking other job duties
- Ability to work across disciplines and departments, as well as within the office, to finish projects and/or achieve goals of the School and the University as a whole
- Leadership within the School and Health Sciences Center to identify and create increased visibility
How to apply
WVU is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer. Under respresented class members are encouraged to apply. This includes: minorities, females, individuals with disabilities and veterans.