Job ID: 2018-2407
# Positions: 1
Department: School of Business – Marketing
Type: Regular Full-Time
The School of Business at Quinnipiac University invites applications for a full-time Tenure-Track Faculty position in Marketing to begin in the Fall 2019 semester. In this role, you will teach undergraduate and graduate courses and deliver course content in marketing both on-ground and online.
About the School of Business:
The Quinnipiac University School of Business offers nine undergraduate majors, three graduate degree programs, a five-year BS/MBA program and an innovative 3+1 accelerated BS/MBA program. Our 65 full-time business faculty teach over 85 percent of undergraduate classes. They pride themselves on combining real business experience with innovative teaching styles to keep their classrooms interesting, grounded and engaging. The School of Business is accredited by the AACSB International and is ranked by Bloomberg Businessweek as a Top 100 Undergraduate business program. U.S. News & World Report has recognized the School of Business’ online graduate programs for the past four consecutive years. High-quality academic programs, a comprehensive internship and career development programs, and extensive leadership and service opportunities mean that employers seek out Quinnipiac School of Business graduates.
About Quinnipiac University:
Quinnipiac is a private, coeducational, nonsectarian institution located 90 minutes north of New York City and two hours from Boston. The university enrolls 7,000 full-time undergraduate and 3,000 graduate and part-time students in 100 degree programs through its Schools of Business, Communications, Education, Engineering, Health Sciences, Law, Medicine, Nursing and College of Arts and Sciences. Quinnipiac consistently ranks among the top regional universities in the North in U.S. News & World Report’s America’s “Best Colleges”? issue. Quinnipiac also is recognized in Princeton Review’s “The Best 380 Colleges.” The Chronicle of Higher Education has named Quinnipiac among the “Great Colleges to Work For.” For more information, please visit www.qu.edu.
- Teach undergraduate and graduate marketing courses both on-ground and online
- Design and deliver in-class and out-of-class learning experiences that engage and motivate student learning
- Administer and grade assignments and examinations
- Compile assessment data for assurance of learning outcomes and recommend actions to improve learning
- Publish impactful research in peer-reviewed academic journals
- Present research findings at academic conferences
- Serve as academic adviser to students and assist marketing students with career development as necessary
- Serve on Departmental and/or School of Business and/or University committees
- Participate in curriculum development for the marketing programs and the School of Business
Qualifications & Special Instructions to Applicants
- Ph.D. (or completion of Ph.D. by August 12, 2019) in Marketing or related field from an accredited university. ABD candidates will be considered
- Demonstrated excellence in teaching marketing related topics at the undergraduate and/or graduate level, online and onground
- Established record of, or demonstrated potential for impactful research, excellence in teaching and service
- Practical business experience
- Strong communication skills and interpersonal skills along with a commitment to maintaining collegial working relationships
- Potential to make significant service contributions to the Department, School of Business, University and community
Quinnipiac University is considering only those applicants who have valid authorization to work in the United States. Quinnipiac University does not sponsor employment based visas for this position.
How to apply
Applications must be submitted electronically and include a cover letter, curriculum vitae or resume, including details of teaching experience, scholarship achievements and applied experience; a statement of teaching philosophy and a summary of teaching effectiveness; and the names and contact information for three references on the application form. Reference letters and formal teaching evaluations will only be required at the interview stage.
Consideration of candidates will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
Quinnipiac University has a strong commitment to the principles and practices of diversity and inclusion throughout the University community and welcomes candidates who enhance that diversity.
Quinnipiac University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Job Code: 2018-2407