NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
Thank you for your interest in Truckee Meadows Community College.
Truckee Meadows Community College (TMCC), located in Reno, Nevada is seeking
applicants for a temporary, full-time, one year, non-tenure track, Math Instructor.
The TMCC Mathematics Department is a progressive, growing department serving over 3000 students with courses ranging from arithmetic through differential equations, including technical math and teacher preparation courses. The department uses a variety of course formats. Classes are generally small and interactive. Calculators, computers and other technology are available. Courses are offered at several education centers in the Reno-Sparks area.
Workload assignments are scheduled throughout the calendar year, and faculty will be expected to teach a flexible schedule that could include day, evening and weekend classes at both college and high school campuses.
1. M.S. or M.A. from a regionally accredited institution in Mathematics, or an M.S.
or M.A. in Computer Science, Statistics, or Physics with 18 graduate credit hours in Mathematics.
2. One year (30 semester credit equivalent) of teaching experience at the post- secondary level.
- A PhD in Mathematics or closely related field with 30 or more graduate math credits.
- Ability to teach all mathematics courses from Arithmetic to Differential Equations.
- Experience with using graphics calculators, computers, mathematics and educational software and smart classroom technologies.
- Community college teaching experience.
- Experience with teaching college classes to high school students on high school campuses.
Candidates must exhibit an appreciation of, a sensitivity to, and respect for a diverse academic environment, inclusive of students, faculty, and staff of varying social, economic, cultural, ideological and ethnic backgrounds.
- Instruct students in Mathematics, using appropriate course outcomes developed by college-wide subject area faculty; assess student performance in these courses.
- Prepare lesson plans, syllabi and course information sheets, create appropriate teaching aids and arrange provision of instructional materials and activities for student usage in classes and as homework assignments.
- Attend and participate in non-classroom activities such as staff development, department and division meetings, college committees and community service activities.
- Participate in student advisement, recruitment and retention efforts.
- Participate in student learning outcomes assessment.
- Teach day, evening, and/or weekend classes at one or more college locations.
- Maintain regular office hours in a shared or private office.
- Communicate and interact effectively with students, staff, and the community.
- Work in a professional and collegial manner with faculty and students in the best interests of the college and the people it serves.
- Perform assigned duties in a manner consistent with the standards, mission and goals of Truckee Meadows Community College.
- Comply with published college policies and procedures.
- Other duties as assigned.
$46,691 depending on education.
How to apply
Once you start the application process you will not be able to save your work. Please ensure you have everything available to complete your application before you begin. Required documents to apply for the position are listed below in the posting.
If you need assistance or have questions regarding the application process, please contact Human Resources at (775) 673-7168 or email@example.com.
In the Resume/Cover Letter section of the application each of the following must be attached.
- Current Resume/CV that includes contact information for three Professional References.
- Cover Letter
- Copy of unofficial transcripts
Conditions of Employment:
This is temporary, full-time, non tenure-track position reporting to the Dean of Sciences.
Successful completion of a full background examination is required.
Posting Close Date
Note to Applicant
Applicants should fully describe their qualifications and experience with specific reference to each of the minimum and preferred qualifications. The search committee will use this information during the initial review of application materials.
All documents, including unofficial transcripts for academic positions, must be received on or before the closing date posted on the job announcements. Incomplete or late applications will not be considered.
This position may require that a criminal background check be conducted on the candidate(s) selected for hire.
As part of the hiring process, applicants for positions in the Nevada System of Higher Education may be required to demonstrate the ability to perform job-related tasks.
Schedules are subject to change based on organizational needs.