Commitment to Inclusive Excellence:
Northern Kentucky University embraces inclusiveness, equity, and global awareness in all dimensions of our work and seek excellence through diversity among our students, administrators, faculty, and staff. Application by members of diverse groups is encouraged.
We are an Equal Opportunity/Equal Access/Affirmative Action institution.
Purpose of Position:
The College of Health Professions is seeking applications for three full-time, tenure-track, faculty positions in the Department of Nursing. (nursing.nku.edu)
NKU is built on core values that emphasize multidimensional excellence, learner-centered education, civic engagement, multiculturalism, innovation, collegiality, and collaboration across disciplines and professional fields.
We encourage applications from all qualified candidates, but especially from individuals who contribute to the diversity of our academic community.
For additional information on Northern Kentucky University, visit http://www.nku.edu.
NKU has a strong commitment to trans-disciplinary education and will open a new Health Innovations Center in the fall of 2018.
The center will be one-of-a-kind and provide the opportunity for the Department of Nursing to play a significant role in academic innovation as well as impact the health of the region.
The Department of Nursing invites applications for the tenure track Assistant
Professor level position for the Department of Nursing (undergraduate & graduate) in a CCNE accredited Program available beginning fall 2017. Faculty responsibilities will include teaching, service, scholarship, and academic advising.
Teaching responsibilities may be face-to-face or on-line including didactic, lab and clinical. Specific responsibilities include:
All faculty must be prepared to plan and teach courses within their area of expertise. This includes developing (or using provided syllabus) for the classes assigned. Provide syllabus to
- Plan, teach, and evaluate lectures or activities within the course.
- Assure instructional excellence and innovation in course presentation.
- Remain current in the discipline through research and attendance at professional continuing education seminars.
- Serve on committees as assigned and attend faculty, departmental, and other meetings as necessary.
- Advise students throughout the semester.
- Provide tutoring to students upon request.
- Maintain office hours to be accessible and available to students and staff.
- Review textbooks in the discipline and place textbook orders according to the University schedule.
- Maintain grades and submit mid-term and/or final grades through My NKU by the University deadlines.
- Work cooperatively with the faculty team.
- MSN degree required, doctorate preferred. Must be willing to enroll in a doctoral program within 1 year of hire.
- Current record of active research/scholarship preferred (basic or applied research; publication in peer reviewed journals etc).
- If not, a specific proposed plan for active research/scholarship must be provided (focus of study/scholarship,, timeline etc.).
- Applicants must have a minimum of two (2) years’ experience in clinical nursing within the immediate past five years
- Teaching experience in nursing.
- The successful candidate will have extensive knowledge of common & complex diseases processes and excellent team collaborative skills.
- Must possess a valid nursing license through the Kentucky and Ohio Boards of Nursing or be eligible for licensure.
- Minimum Education:
Master’s DegreePreferred Education:
Inquiries should be directed to Mary C. Kishman, Interim Dean, College of Health Professions (859) 572-5246.
How to apply
Any candidate who is offered this position will be required to go through a pre-employment criminal background check as mandated by state law.
Deadline for Application:
The position will begin August 14, 2017.
NKU is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer. We embrace inclusiveness, equity, and global awareness in all dimensions of our work and seek excellence through diversity among our students, administrators, faculty, and staff. Applications by members of diverse groups is encouraged. For additional information on Northern Kentucky University, visit http://www.nku.edu.