Southern New Hampshire University seeks candidates for an Assistant Professor position in the Department of Finance and Economics on the main campus in Manchester, NH beginning in September 2018. This position will have a 4-3 teaching load for the fall of 2017 and spring of 2018, respectively – with an approved plan for scholarly activity.
Initial interviews for this position will take place at the January, 2018 ASSA Meetings.
Essential duties and responsibilities of this position include the following:
- Teach a full course load completely dedicated to the Department of Finance and Economics
- Ability to teach a wide variety of upper level (undergraduate) economics electives, such as Labor Economics, Environmental Economics, Urban Economics, and Public Finance
- Serve on Committees in the School of Business and/or the University
- Work on scholarly research, present this research at conferences, and publish in high-quality academic journals
- Master’s Degree in Economics or ABD with a letter from the dissertation advisor indicating completion of the dissertation before the fall of 2018
- A strong commitment to student success
- Strong interpersonal and diplomatic skills
- Advanced written and verbal communication skills
- Ph.D. in Economics
- Specialization fields: Environmental, Labor, Urban and Regional, or Public Finance
How to apply
Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled. Your application packet must include a Cover Letter, CV/Resume, a statement of Teaching Philosophy, course evaluations/summary, and a sample of current research. The maximum number of files that can be uploaded is 5.
Why Join SNHU?
Southern New Hampshire University (SNHU), founded in 1932, is a private, nonprofit, accredited institution located in Manchester, New Hampshire. We value teamwork, openness and diversity, and believe every employee has a voice in driving our success. We’re proud to have been recognized for 10 consecutive years as a Great College to Work for by the Chronicle of Higher Education. Our competitive benefits package includes tuition reimbursement, employer contribution to Retirement Plan, affordable Medical, Dental, and Vision coverage, and generous paid-time off. We’re constantly seeking creative, collaborative, and hard-working talent to join our team! Come be a part of innovation and education!