Join the Pack! A community with nearly 8,000 faculty and staff, and 30,000 students. NC State is one of the largest employers in North Carolina, offering a large range of career opportunities. Visit us at www.ncsu.edu/hr/job_applicants/reasons.
Department: 201001 – Accounting-college Of Manageme
Location: Raleigh, NC
Essential Job Duties:
- Teaching a variety of undergraduate and graduate (MBA and Master of Accounting) courses in financial and managerial accounting, financial statement analysis and accounting information systems – both face to face classroom and online. The normal course load is four 3-semester hour classes each semester.
- Providing service to the academic community by serving on departmental, college, and university committees and task forces as requested, while keeping service in balance with expected productivity in other realms of responsibility.
- Performing other duties as required or assigned to advance the goals and mission of the Department, Poole College, and University.
Requires master’s degree, an equivalent degree, or equivalent professional experience.
The successful candidate must have requisite technical skills to teach graduate-level accounting coursework and will demonstrate a passion for teaching and interacting with students. In addition, successful candidates must demonstrate the knowledge, skills, and abilities:
- Integrity – must be a role model for students, staff and partner organizations
- Customer Focus – committed to delivering the value proposition to constituents
- Communication – able articulate a clear vision for the organization
- Planning & Organization – must be execution driven & results oriented
- Problem Solving- adapt, improvise and overcome- failure is not an option
- Teamwork & Collaboration – supportive of shared decision making and committed, not only to advancing the brand and reputation of the Department, but also the Poole College of Management and NC State University
- At least five (5) years of work experience.
- Substantial teaching experience in higher education or in the industry.
Position Number: 00101625
How to apply
NC State University is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, gender identity, age, sexual orientation, genetic information, status as an individual with a disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Individuals with disabilities requiring disability-related accommodations in the application and interview process, please call 919-515-3148.
Final candidates are subject to criminal & sex offender background checks. Some vacancies also require credit or motor vehicle checks. If highest degree is from an institution outside of the U.S., final candidates are required to have their degree verified at www.wes.org. Degree must be obtained prior to start date.
NC State University participates in E-Verify. Federal law requires all employers to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States.