Department College of Arts and Sciences – Political Science & Philosophy
The Department of Philosophy and Political Science in the College of Arts and Sciences of Quinnipiac University seeks highly qualified applicants who are committed to excellence in teaching for part-time faculty openings for the spring 2017 semester.
About Quinnipiac University:
Quinnipiac is a thriving private university in Connecticut located 90 minutes north of New York City and two hours from Boston. The university enrolls 7,000 full-time undergraduate and 3,000 graduate students in 58 undergraduate and more than 20 graduate programs of study in its Schools of Business, Communications, Education, Engineering, Health Sciences, Law, Frank H. Netter MD School of Medicine, Nursing and the College of Arts and Sciences. Quinnipiac consistently ranks among the top regional universities in the North in U.S. News & World Report’s America’s “Best Colleges” issue. Quinnipiac also is recognized in Princeton Review’s “The Best 380 Colleges.” The Chronicle of Higher Education has named Quinnipiac among the “Great Colleges to Work For.” For more information, please visit www.qu.edu.
Openings are in daytime and evening sections of the following courses:
- Introduction to Philosophy
Qualifications & Special Instructions to Applicants:
- A minimum of a Master’s degree in Philosophy or a closely related field is required.
- Teaching experience at the university level is preferred.
- Quinnipiac University is considering only those applicants who have valid authorization to work in the United States. Quinnipiac University does not sponsor employment based visas for this position.
How to apply
- Applications must be submitted electronically and include a cover letter, curriculum vitae, and the names and contact information of three references on the application form.
- Consideration of candidates will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
- Quinnipiac University has a strong commitment to the principles and practices of diversity throughout the University community and welcomes candidates who would enhance that diversity.
Quinnipiac University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.