Rowan University is a Carnegie-classified Doctoral University (Moderate Research Activity) with approximately 17,300 students. Its main campus is located in Glassboro, N.J., 20 miles southeast of Philadelphia, with additional campuses in Camden and Stratford.
Job Title: Post-doctoral Fellow
Department: Center for Research and Education in Advanced Transportation Engineering Systems (CREATEs)
Institution: Rowan University
Position Start Date: As soon as possible
Duration of the Position: One Year
The duration might be extended depending on performance and availability of funds.
Responsibilities of the postdoctoral fellow:
Working under the supervision of CREATEs director and manager, the postdoctoral fellow will be responsible for leading the research activities on one or more funded projects. Specifically He/she will be responsible for:
- Managing and executing day-to-day research activities.
- Supervising graduate and undergraduate students working on assigned projects.
- Ensuring assigned research project(s) is(are) progressing according to schedule.
- Providing regular updates to supervisors.
- Documenting and analyzing research results.
- Preparing and making presentations to funding agencies.
- Writing papers for publication in refereed journals.
- Responding to Requests for Proposals (RPFs) and submitting successful and well-written proposals.
- Preparing quarterly progress reports and writing final project reports.
- Ph.D. in Civil Engineering. Expertise in flexible and /or rigid pavement computational modeling is not required but a plus.
- Must complete defense and obtain dissertation committee approval prior to joining.
CREATEs has several research projects funded by several agencies, such New Jersey Department of Transportation and US Department of Defense. The details of all our research projects are on: Www.rowan.edu/creates
How to apply
If interested, please submit the following to URL link: http://jobs.rowan.edu/cw/en-us/job/492755/postdoc-research-associate
- Curriculum vitae and at least one publication in which you were the leading author.
- Names and contact information of two references.
For further information please contact:
Yusuf Mehta. Ph.D., P.E.
Center for Research and Education in Advanced Transportation Engineering Systems (CREATEs)