The successful applicant will conduct analytical and experimental research in the areas of software defined networking, cyber security and medical data processing with an emphasis on prototype design and data analytics, and help immediate supervisor in writing scholarly articles and proposals.
The initial appointment will be for 1 year with a possibility of renewal based on productivity and performance and the availability of funding.
Minimum Qualifications (Required):
- PhD in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science or closely related field
- Doctoral degree obtained from a qualified university in the field of study
- Computer networking, operating systems, computer system and multicore architecture, machine learning, data analytics, programming language and compilers, software defined networking
- Should demonstrate a minimum of 3 publications in the field
- Familiarity of Linux and cloud computing platforms and open source software development
- Familiarity with blockchain and other new cyber security technologies
- Familiarity of programming languages such as C/C++/Java/Matlab, and LaTex tools
- Ability to work independently, with limited direction, as well as within a team environment
- Ability to mentor and inspire younger students with limited research experience
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Only current UML Employees within the Grants & Contracts (MTA/GRACE) bargaining unit will be considered during the first 10 business days of the posting. All other candidates will be considered after that period.
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled; however, the posting may close when an adequate number of qualified applications are received.
This position is contingent upon funding. The initial appointment will be for 1 year with a possibility of renewal based on productivity and performance and the availability of funding.
How to apply
Please include a resume and cover letter with your application. Names and contact information of three references will be required during the application process.