Entry level research assistant for the Pediatric Heart Lung Center to assist with rodent colony maintenance, survival surgeries, tissue collection, in vitro cell assays, data acquisition and analysis.
- Manage rodent colony; duties include animal ordering, survival surgeries, tissue collection and analysis.
- In vivo physiologic studies; rodent pulmonary function testing, echo cardiogram blood pressure and pulse oximetry measurements.
- General lab maintenance; ordering, cleaning, surgical supply preparation, organization of data.
- Primary cell culture; isolate, expand and perform experiments from primary cell isolates.
- Biochemical assays; western blot, PCR, immunohistochemistry, ELISA.
Salary is commensurate with skills and experience. The University of Colorado offers a full benefits package. Information on University benefits programs, including eligibility, is located at CU Employee Services.The University of Colorado Denver is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees. The University of Colorado strongly supports the principle of diversity. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment. The Immigration Reform and Control Act requires that verification of employment eligibility be documented for all new employees by the end of the third day of work. Alternative formats of this ad are available upon request for persons with disabilities.
BS/BA in biology or related field.
Required Competencies/Knowledge, Skills and abilities:
- Proficient user of Microsoft office
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to work independently or under direction of multiple investigators
- Experience with laboratory animal handling
- Basic science research background
- Experience with basic statistical analysis
- Experience with primary cell culture
Campus: Anschutz Medical Campus
How to apply
The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.