Location: New Orleans, LA, US
Organization Name: School of Professional Advancement
The Professor of Practice and Associate Program Director for the Emergency Management program will provide direction and oversight of graduate programs in Emergency Management in collaboration with the Emergency and Security Studies Program Director. As a Professor of Practice, teaching courses in emergency management is required, and service duties to the university (such as committee work) are expected. Course release will be provided for administrative responsibilities related to the Associate Program Director role that may include: assisting with the development, implementation and ongoing administration of online and on-ground graduate and certificate programs in fields related to emergency management. The associate program director also helps recruit and evaluate a largely adjunct faculty to teach online, and may provide academic advisement to graduate students in the program(s) and to prospective students.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Masters degree (PhD Preferred) in emergency management of related field
- Demonstrable knowledge and experience with emergency management best practices
- Teaching experience in post-secondary institutions
- Online teaching experience or experience with online learning
- Minimum of 5 years of occupational experience in emergency management
- Applicant has formally presented on emergency management topics at commercial/industry/government trade show or conference
- Experience in developing community partnerships
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES/COMPETENCIES TYPICALLY NEEDED TO PERFORM THIS JOB SUCCESSFULLY:
- Ability to develop and deliver creative, innovative and rigorous higher education programs
- Ability to develop and maintain industry relationships that lead to adjunct faculty recruitment, internship and job opportunities for students and graduates, and feedback on the academic programs
- Ability to support development and implementation of online courses and programs
- Excellent administrative skills
- Ability to provide quality academic advisement to working adult students
- Excellent written and communication skills
- Ability to work well with individuals of various ages and background
Master degree (PhD preferred) in emergency management or related fields
- PhD in emergency management of related field
- Possesses the International Association of Emergency Managers’ Certified Emergency Manager (CEM) certification
- Applicant considered a subject matter expert in emergency management
- Applicant has been published in a periodical on an emergency management topic
- Experience with learning management system, Canvas preferred
- Experience managing online degree programs
How to apply
Ultimate recruitment for this position is subject to final budgetary approval by the University.
All applicants should apply electronically via the following link: http://apply.interfolio.com/47409
Materials submitted through this Tulane Jobs portal will not be considered.
This position will close on July 31, 2018.
Tulane is an EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled employer.