Requisition Number: FTFR000971
Division/College: College of Professional Studies
Location: Boston Main Campus
Full-time/Part-time: Full Time
Northeastern University is a global, experiential and leading research university, built on a tradition of engagement with business, industry and communities to create a distinctive approach to education, research and service. Located in one of the most beautiful cities in the U.S., Boston is vibrant and stimulating and provides exciting opportunities to grow, learn and to make significant contributions. The College of Professional Studies offers innovative and flexible programs that allow adult learners and working professionals to complete their degrees. CPS offers associate, bachelor’s degree, certificate programs and post baccalaureate programs in fast-growing fields such as biotechnology, leadership, business administration, finance, project management, information technology, and management. Degrees are delivered in full or part-time formats and courses are offered in a variety of on-campus and online options. The Lowell Institute School, within the College of Professional studies, is the first school of its kind in the country – delivering science, technology and engineering bachelor’s degree completion programs for students with two years of college credit or an associate’s degree, and who aspire to a bachelor’s degree.
The College of Professional Studies seeks a full-time, 12-month, non-tenure track Professor of the Practice faculty member to lead the Bachelor of Science degree program in Advanced Manufacturing, starting immediately. Courses are offered 100% online with the experiential components being offered onsite at General Electric and respective industry partners.
Duties and Responsibilities include:
- Manage and oversee the development of a Bachelor of Science in Advanced Manufacturing curriculum.
- Recruit and hire adjunct instructors to teach courses and organize learning activities in the program
- Teach assigned courses and develop course content and materials. Blackboard certification through Northeastern University Online is required prior to teaching in the Advanced Manufacturing program.
- Oversee and collaborate with part-time faculty to ensure that academic rigor of each and every course, consistency across courses, and program curriculum standards are maintained
- Develop and maintain an effective process of assessment of Student Learning Outcomes and Program Level Objectives for the Advanced Manufacturing Program
- Initiate and maintain partnerships with advanced manufacturing companies, industry associations, and state workforce groups
- Travel (within 1-2 hours) outside of the Boston region may be required.
- Terminal Degree required. PhD in engineering, particularly in manufacturing engineering, industrial engineering, and mechanical engineering preferred.
- Engineering technology experience or training preferred
- Theoretical knowledge and practical application of advanced manufacturing topics and technologies
- Direct experience in the manufacturing industry (either as an engineer or consultant) required
- Direct field experience required; shop floor workforce management strongly preferred
- Demonstrated ability to sustain currency and relevance through professional experience, engagement, and scholarship in their fields of teaching.
- At least two years of teaching preferably at the undergraduate level.
- Experience in curriculum development and design.
- Online teaching experience.
- Demonstrated leadership skills and communication skills.
- Demonstrated problem-solving and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work collaboratively with others.
- Demonstrated ability to be innovative.
- Ability to successfully advocate new academic initiatives and motivate others
How to apply
To be considered for this position please visit our web site and apply on line at the following link: Careers@Northeastern
Northeastern University is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Educational Institution and Employer, Title IX University. Northeastern University particularly welcomes applications from minorities, women and persons with disabilities. Northeastern University is an E-Verify Employer.