The Research Fellow (2 positions available) within the School for the Environment will be responsible for assisting and contributing to on-going environmental data and environmental research. Duties include, but are not limited to:
· Participate in the evaluation of environmental products and the production of advanced image data products for climate and carbon modeling;
· Assist in mentoring and training junior graduate students and training them in geographic data manipulation techniques;
· Review journal articles and actively publish in scientific literature;
· Participate in scientific conferences and provide outreach lecturers;
· Perform other duties as assigned.
PhD and a strong environmental science background required. Experience with geographic image processing and data manipulation. Experience with journal and grant proposal writing. Proven record of publication is required. Field experience and expertise in utilizing environmental data in various climate/biogeochemical/hydrologic monitoring and modeling frameworks is desirable.
The University of Massachusetts Boston is committed to providing a safe and secure environment that is supported by qualified employees for all of its students, faculty and staff to carry out the University’s teaching, research and public service missions. As a condition of employment, the University will conduct appropriate background check reviews. For more information, please see the University of Massachusetts Boston campus policy and procedures for employee background reviews:
How to apply
Please apply online with your resume, cover letter, and list of three professional work references.
· Professional Non-Union.
· Full time. Benefited.
· 2 positions available.
· Grant funded until 12/21/2022; contingent on renewal.
· Hiring salary range: $50,000-$60,000.
Review of candidates will begin following the application closing date.
Closing date for applications: March 1, 2018.