Institute of Education, College of Humanities and Social Sciences
Situated within Massey University’s Institute of Education, Tātai Angitu e3@Massey is entering an exciting state of its evolution and we need the support of an exceptional Senior Administrator. Reporting to the Coordinating Director | Kaihautū Matua you will deliver excellent services for the unit, including executive support for contracts and projects, human resource functions and financial processes, general administration and operational management.
Tātai Angitu offers high-quality dynamic professional learning, development and support designed to respond to the needs of the education sector. We support lifelong and life-wide learning through actively linking knowledge with opportunities and need to support teachers and leaders, and ultimately, learners. We do this through large Government-funded contracts, short courses, bespoke solutions for early childhood education services, schools and communities. We work in New Zealand and overseas, particularly in the Pacific.
We are looking for just the right person to join our team. Do you thrive in complex environments, able to juggle various tasks at one time, balance a range of operational functions and look after critical details whilst maintaining an eye on the “big picture”?
The role is a full-time (37.5 hours per week) two year fixed term position starting as soon as possible. This is an exciting opportunity to be part of a team of highly motivated professionals who are dedicated to providing exemplary services and contracts that improve educational outcomes for all.
The Senior Administrator | provides excellent human resource, financial and contractual support for Tātai Angitu’s management team. This includes design and continuous improvement of office systems, operation processes and associated databases to ensure office and project administration functions are efficient and effective.
Responsible to Coordinating Director | Kaihautū Matua
Provide executive support for contract administration and management, liaising with other areas of the University as required and including the preparation of contract templates
Provide administrative and scheduling assistance for the preparation of business cases and proposals to ensure they are of a consistently high standard and managed according to the required deadlines;
Provide financial administration support for budgeting, forecasting, financial reconciliation and account management in consultation with the Institute of Education professional services staff. Prepare and distribute financial reports to Tātai Angitu Leadership, Institute of Education and College Office;
Ensure that the Tātai Angitu Leadership team are provided with effective administrative support for the completion of contract deliverables such as production of teaching and learning resources as well as diary management and travel bookings;
Provide process oversight and administration of HR related functions including support for recruitment, appointment and induction, staff employment matters, and maintaining personnel records;
Manage other administration staff within Tātai Angitu, maintaining oversight and leadership of the administration services team, including planning and delegating work as required and carrying out performance development and review functions for your direct reports;
Ensure that general administration functions are completed in a timely manner (e.g., payment, credit card and timesheet processing, internal transfers) liaising with other areas of the University when required;
Contribute to communications and marketing activities, including proofing marketing and promotion materials and ensuring that marketing collateral is regularly reviewed and updated; and
Ensure compliance with the University’s policies and procedures particularly those relating to human resources, Health & Safety, contracts, finance and records management.
Previous experience as a senior administrator for a minimum of two years is required. A tertiary qualification would be an advantage.
A current full New Zealand drivers licence.
• Provision of administration support and operations for multiple staff working in complex environments
• Sound understanding of HR and related policies and practices
• Experience in budget preparation, day to day financial processes and, monitoring and reporting of financial information
• Experience with formal contract processes, particularly central government funded contracts
• Demonstrated leadership of administration functions, including team and direct report management
• Previous experience in executive support would be an advantage
• Experience within the tertiary and/or education sector would be an advantage
• Demonstrated excellence in the use of Microsoft Office 365 products is required
Personal attributes and behaviours
• Ability to thrive under pressure in a swiftly changing environment and deal with conflicting demands
• Demonstrate an inclusive approach and personal commitment to working within a Treaty-based organisation in line with the principles of the Treaty of Waitangi
• Strong client focus, with attention to results, adding value and continuous improvement
• Excellent time management skills
• Initiative, innovation, flexibility
• Strong interpersonal skills featuring the ability to achieve results with people of diverse ages, cultures, backgrounds and needs
• Ability to maintain confidentiality and display discretion/sound judgment
• Ability to prioritise and work accurately and efficiently to complete tasks and meet multiple deadlines
• Financial literacy
Additional Pre-employment Checks
• Requirement to pass a Credit History Check performed by Veda Advantage Personal Information Services.
• Requirement to pass a Criminal and Traffic Convictions (Security) check performed by the Ministry of Justice and police vetting under the Vulnerable Children’s Act
How to apply
If you are ready to further your career and join us in making a difference then submit your application via our careers page http://massey-careers.massey.ac.nz/Default.aspx. It is intended that interviews will be conducted 1 or 2 March 2018. For those requiring further information or a confidential discussion please contact Ms Maree Brannigan Coordinating Director | Kaihautū Matua, email@example.com
Please Note: Applications for this position will only be accepted from those with New Zealand residency or a valid work permit.