NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
Interviews are planned for Tuesday 7th May
UWE, Bristol’s Department of Architecture and the Built Environment is one of the leading providers of architecture and built environment education, research and knowledge exchange in the country. Our mission is to promote an inter-disciplinary approach to professional and research-led scholarship in all our practice-orientated programmes to enable us to educate the next generation of built environment professionals. Our vision is to be a department that provides a holistic learning journey that equips its graduates with an understanding of how collaboration delivers value and facilitates creativity across traditional boundaries.
The post holder will deliver teaching and learning to support the overall delivery of modules or programmes in order to achieve outstanding learning outcomes for our students. To engage in research, scholarly or professional activity to enhance and inform teaching design, delivery and curriculum development. Actively leading and participating in the design, development and assessment of modules, and taking overall responsibility for their academic health and currency of the programmes and perform a visible leadership role in relation to the teaching team.
Main duties and responsibilities
- To teach on modules in the undergraduate and postgraduate Architecture Technology and Design, BIM, Quantity Surveying and Construction Project Management programmes in the areas of construction technology, materials and sustainability.
- To co-lead the Architecture Technology and Design Programme.
- To teach on studio settings.
- To contribute to the design and development of new modules and new delivery modes
- To manage module quality in content, delivery and assessment
- To monitor and respond to student feedback
- To manage and support academic relationships with colleagues at UWE and in partner institutions
- To undertake research or knowledge exchange activities and to contribute to the wider activities of the Department
- Contribute to the planning, development and design of the curriculum.
- Act as a personal tutor where appropriate.
- Undertake any other duties which fall within the remit of the post.
- To undertake appropriate continuing personal and professional development
- To contribute to the collegiate life of the Department, Faculty and University.
- To act as a Link Tutor on international partnerships.
We would consider applications from candidates that wish to work part time.
In addition to progressive pay rates, UWE Bristol offers a wide range of staff benefits including:
- a generous holiday allowance of 35 Days
- up to 12.5 bank holiday/closure days per year in addition;
- flexible working;
- excellent defined benefit pension schemes;
- option to participate in the cycle to work scheme;
- family friendly policies;
- onsite nursery at our Frenchay Campus;
This post is based at our Frenchay campus.
How to apply
Please see the attached full job description andInformation for Applicants for applicants for the role.
If you have any queries or would like an informal discussion, please contact Elena Marco by email: [email protected].
UWE is committed to supporting and promoting equality and diversity to create an inclusive working environment. We believe this can be achieved through attracting, developing, and retaining a diverse range of staff from many different backgrounds who share our ambition to be a university recognised for the success and impact of our practice-oriented programmes; our strong industry networks and our inclusive global outlook.