NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
The successful candidate will be required to:
- Teach at the undergraduate and postgraduate levels;
- Participate in the supervision and training of postgraduate students as necessary;
- Research and publish in Physical Therapy and related areas;
- Actively contribute to the development of the section, the faculty and the university.
Essential Qualifications And Experience:
- A licence to practice physical therapy;
- Minimum of Ph.D. in Physical Therapy or related area;
- Evidence of research output;
- Minimum of five (5) years teaching experience at the tertiary level.
Candidates who possess the following will be at a distinct advantage:
- Interest and experience in independent research;
- Certificate in University Teaching;
- Ability to interact positively with academic, support staff and students.
For further particulars on the University of the West Indies, Mona and the Department of Basic Medical Sciences, visithttps://www.mona.uwi.edu/bms/
How to apply
Applicants are required to submit curriculum vitae (inclusive of a statement on teaching and research interests) giving full particulars of qualifications, experience, the names and addresses of three (3) referees (one of whom should be from your present organization) and copies of academic qualifications.
These should be sent by electronic mail to firstname.lastname@example.org to the Campus Registrar for the attention of the Director, Human Resource Management Division, The University of the West Indies, Mona Campus, Kingston 7, Jamaica. Applicants are advised to ask their referees to send reports under confidential cover to the above address without waiting to be contacted.
The final date for receipt of applications is June 15, 2018. The successful candidate is expected to assume duties on August 1, 2018.
The University thanks all applicants. However, due to the volume of applications, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
The University of the West Indies, Mona Campus…… Inspiring Excellence, Producing Leaders