NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
Institute for Peace Research and Security Policy at the University of Hamburg (IFSH)
For the further development and expansion of our research in the field of Societal Peace and Internal Security, we are looking for a
Senior Researcher Societal Peace and Internal Security
The full-time position, to be filled as soon as possible, is remunerated in accordance with pay category 13 (EG 13) of the public sector pay agreement of the City of Hamburg (TV-AVH). The position is limited to 5 years, in accordance with WissZeitVG.
The IFSH is an interdisciplinary research institute at the University of Hamburg and is supported by the Free and Hanseatic City of Hamburg. The research activities of the IFSH concentrate on current developments and challenges in peace and security with a focus on the Euro-Atlantic and Eurasian areas. The transfer of knowledge to decision makers in politics and society is a fundamental aspect of the institute’s work.
- You actively contribute to the content and further development of the IFSH’s research agenda in the field of societal peace and internal security.
- You procure external funds and manage research projects in the above fields.
- You participate in the expansion of the IFSH’s regional and international network.
- You communicate research results to decision makers in politics and society.
- You carry out teaching and supervisory activities within the scope of the Master of Peace and Security Studies degree offered by the IFSH and the University of Hamburg.
- You participate in cross-sectional tasks within the IFSH’s research organization.
- You have completed a doctorate with above-average success in a political or social science subject or another relevant discipline.
- You focus your research on the European area, for example on the following research fields: the transformation of security institutions and security practices in the field of internal security, regulation of technological developments in the field of internal security, intra-societal conflict potentials and peace conditions, and/or security and risk communication. Your expertise is proven by high-quality academic publications.
- You have some experience in the development, application and management of academic research.
- You have excellent written and spoken English. German is an asset.
- Experience in international research and advisory cooperation and relevant teaching experience is preferred.
- You have communicative competence, the ability to work as part of a team, you are self-motivated and well-organised.
The Institute actively supports women in their careers and is therefore particularly interested in applications from women in areas in which they are underrepresented. If they have the required qualifications, women are given priority in these areas in line with the Hamburg Equal Opportunities Act.
We also encourage applications from individuals with disabilities.
How to apply
Please send detailed applications with two written samples and a short profile of your research interests in the context of the advertised position to firstname.lastname@example.org (a single PDF file with a maximum size of 5 MB) by 1 December 2018.
Ms. Britta Fisch
Beim Schlump 83
For further information, please contact Dr. habil. Martin Kahl (email@example.com).