The Dr. James Galagan Laboratory is seeking a software engineer to develop and support a suite of data analysis software programs for genomics and computational biology.
- Develop and maintain existing and new data analysis software programs.
- Develop and maintain existing and new database-enabled websites.
- Interact with scientists and computational biologists to determine software requirements.
- Maintain up-to-date software documentation.
- Other related tasks as required.
- B.S. degree in Computer Science, Computational Biology, Bioinformatics, or related field required
- Proficiency with some combination of the following programming languages: Matlab, Python, Perl, Java.
- Experience with relational databases and SQL desired. Experience with CVS or other version control software a plus.
- Excellent communication skills required. Must be able to work well on a team.
How to apply
PLEASE DO NOT APPLY THROUGH THE BOSTON UNIVERSITY HUMAN RESOURCES WEBSITE
Applicants are requested to email Prof. James Galagan at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We are a VEVRAA Federal Contractor.