Job Position Title
Specialist Professor, PL-BSN Program
Immediate Supervisor Title
Total Number of Authorized Work Weeks per Year
Advertised Rate of Pay
Discussed during interview
The Department of Nursing at Monmouth University is seeking applications for an MSN-prepared registered nurse as a Specialist Professor for the Pre-Licensure (PL-BSN) program. This anticipated opening for the 2018-2019 academic year is non-tenure track and is a one year initial appointment subject to subsequent multi-year reappointments without limit.
The candidate would be expected to: teach 12 credits per semester; perform BSN curriculum refinement, implementation and evaluation; and supervise PL-BSN students in the clinical area.
This is an exciting opportunity to transform students for the professional environment. Monmouth is initiating a strategic plan centered on academic and transformative education that focuses on innovative, immersive and personalized education that prepares students for their lives and their careers. Candidates will be asked to demonstrate their experience and passion for innovative teaching in nursing simulation.
Required Skills or Software
Excellent interpersonal, organizational and communication skills, Must be able to treat confidential and sensitive information appropriately
Required Years of Experience
Required Degree, Licenses or Certifications
- Master of Science in Nursing (MSN) degree. Licensed or license-eligible as a Registered Nurse (RN) in New Jersey.
- Three years of recent nursing experience in area of expertise. Teaching experience baccalaureate or higher degree level.
- Ability to maintain a flexible teaching schedule.
Doctoral degree. National certification as a nurse educator. Familiarity with high- and low-fidelity simulation and National Council Licensure Examination (NCLEX) review and supplemental on-line support programs.
- Teach 12 credits per semester.
- BSN curriculum refinement, implementation and evaluation.
- Student advisement and recruitment.
- Currency in the field, scholarship and University service.
- Participate in Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education Accreditation (CNEA).
- Supervise PL-BSN students in the clinical area.
How to apply
Monmouth University values diversity and invites applications from underrepresented groups who will enrich the research, teaching and service missions of the university.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Transcripts and three letters of recommendation can be directed to: PL-BSN Search Chair, Department of Nursing, Monmouth University, West Long Branch, NJ 07764.
To Apply, visit: