Position Type: Staff
Requisition Number: S20182323
Department: Academic Support – D102
Recruitment Range: $33,360 – $37,190
E-class Code: 30 – FT Staff Salaried
Pay Grade: 5
Open Until Filled: No
Job SummaryUnder general direction, supports student success, retention and progression to graduation; provides individualized student outreach to students who are identified at risk; connects students to relevant campus resources; provides academic coaching and support for students on an ongoing basis; monitors and tracks progress of students; maintains communication with faculty and staff in support of students.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Personal Characteristics
- Knowledge of student development and resources to promote student success
- Counseling/advising skills
- Interpersonal/human relations skills
- Verbal and written communications skills
- Ability to relate effectively with students, institutional personnel, and the public
- Ability to identify students’ needs for support services in order to make appropriate referrals
- Ability to encourage and empower students to make their own decisions
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Ability to operate a personal computer and various software packages
- Commitment to supporting the needs of students from underrepresented populations
Minimum QualificationsBachelor’s degree, with Master’s preferred; supplemented with two (2) years of related experience.
Job DutyProvides individualized outreach to students based on identified risk factors including academic, financial and socio-emotional; assisting them in developing individual plans for success.
Job DutyRefers and connects students with relevant University resources; coordinates with University stakeholders regarding additional outreach and support.
Job DutyWorks with individual students to develop realistic goals that will contribute to academic and personal success in college; develops relationships that foster developmental conversations; motivates students to achieve educational goals.
Job DutyMonitors and records progress of individual students; maintaining consistent and confidential records of individual student data.
Job DutyTeaches first-year seminar course focusing on extended orientation and student success skill development; provides presentations to student groups and classes.
Job DutyServes on University committees.
Job DutyPerforms other duties as assigned.