The University of Providence is a growing, Catholic, liberal arts institution that is student-centered and mission focused, preparing students for living and for making a living. The mission supports the Sisters of Providence values of respect, compassion, justice, charity, excellence, and stewardship. The University is accepting applications from qualified, experienced, enthusiastic professionals who can assist with continued excellence in theological education and contribute to our core curriculum (www.uprovidence.edu).
POSITION: Full-time tenure-track teaching position in psychology.
SALARY and RANK: Commensurate with experience
AVAILABLE: August 2018
CLOSING DATE: Application reviews begin October 16, 2017
- Teach a combined total of 12 credits per semester (fall and spring) in the core curriculum and in the theology and ministry program.
- Instruction in a broad range of theology courses; the successful candidate will be a generalist who can specialize as needed.
- Recruit and advise undergraduate students.
- Participate in program assessment and development.
- Provide service to the program, core curriculum, University, profession, and community.
- On-line teaching.
- Teaching our signature Integrated Learning Community courses.
- Summer teaching.
- Doctorate in Theology (Moral or Spiritual focus preferred). ABDs will be considered.
- Applicant must have demonstrated success in teaching theology courses at the college-level.
- Candidate must be a practicing Catholic and be willing to apply for the mandatum from the Bishop of Great Falls-Billings.
- Strong evidence of engagement with the Catholic Intellectual Tradition as seen in research, graduate courses, and/or teaching.
- Communication and interpersonal skills sufficient to work effectively with a diverse array of students and colleagues.
- Understanding of and commitment to University of Providence’s mission as a private Catholic liberal arts institution that prepares students for living and making a living
Great Falls is a vibrant community of over 55,000 people with various recreational opportunities. Settled in the heart of Montana on the Missouri River. Great Falls is surrounded by spectacular natural wonders and scenery including the majestic Rocky Mountains to its west and the Little Belt Mountains to the east. www.greatfallsmt.net
How to apply
- Cover letter and CV detailing educational background and professional experience.
- Statement of teaching philosophy
- List of courses taught
- Names of three professional references
SEND TO: Dr. Gregory Madson, Academic Dean
Subject: Theology Faculty Application
AN AFFIRMATIVE ACTION/EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
COVERED BY THE MONTANA VETERANS’ AND HANDICAPPED PERSONS’ EMPLOYMENT PREFERENCE ACT