Visiting Assistant Professor – Painting- 11872
West Virginia University, School of Art & Design is seeking nominations and applications for the position of Visiting Assistant Professor of Art — Painting. The position is a full-time, 9-month appointment commencing August 16, 2019.
- Teach all levels of Painting: Introduction, Advanced, Senior Projects, and Graduate. Teaching assignment is 3 courses per semester.
- May be asked to teach in the foundations program.
- Co-Manage the Painting Program, studios, and equipment.
- Continue professional and creative development sufficient to meet the expectations of a Carnegie Research 1, land-grant University.
- Participate in committee assignments, academic advising, professional service, and recruitment.
Applications will be reviewed beginning June 6, 2019.
More information about the College of Creative Arts and the School of Art & Design can be found at http://ccarts.wvu.edu
- MFA in studio art with an emphasis in painting.
- Demonstrate achievement in teaching.
- Independent teaching experience
- A strong record of exhibitions
- A proven working knowledge of oil and acrylic mediums
- Written and oral communication skills consistent with and complementary to the expectations of a public research university
- One (1) year teaching experience at the college or university level in a comprehensive studio arts program is preferred.
- Experience in the recruitment of quality graduate and undergraduate students is preferred.
How to apply
Interested candidates should apply online at http://employmentservices.hr.wvu.edu/wvu_jobs. A complete application must include:
- A letter of application
- Curriculum vitae
- Artist statement
- Teaching Philosophy and sample syllabus
- 20 Digital images (in JPEG, PDF, or PowerPoint format only) of personal work
- 20 Digital images (in JPEG, PDF, or PowerPoint format only) of student work
- Names and contact information (address, email, telephone) of 3-5 references that may be contacted by the School of Art & Design Director
West Virginia University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. The University values diversity among its faculty, staff and students, and invites applications from all qualified individuals, including minorities, women, individuals with disabilities, and veterans.