Position Summary or Faculty Qualifications
The Haub School of Business at Saint Joseph’s University invites applications to fill a one-year visiting faculty position in Marketing beginning Fall 2018. The position is subject to the availability of funding. Reappointment is also subject to availability of funding.
Teaching responsibilities will be four courses per semester at the undergraduate and graduate levels.We are seeking candidates with interest and expertise in sales. The candidate should also be willing teach Principles of Selling, Sales Management, B2B/Channels and Sales Negotiation at the undergraduate and graduate levels
An MBA in Marketing or a related field and five years sales experience is required.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Teaching four courses per semester
- Preparation of materials
- Providing support and guidance to students
- Advising students
- Report grades
- Possible Directorship – Sales Institute
- Serve on department committees
- Represent the department at committee meetings and university events
- A Masters degree in Marketing or a related field.
- Five years sales experience.
- ABD or Ph.D. in Business, Marketing or closely related major; previous teaching experience.
- Willingness to be flexible in class scheduling.
- Proven track record in teaching undergraduate and graduate students.
Physical Requirements and/or Unusual Work Hours:
May require standing for long periods of time, talking for long periods of time and carrying course materials. Will be required to teach daytime and evening classes.
How to apply
Applicants must apply online at https://jobs.sju.edu. Complete applications are to include a cover letter, C.V. and contact information for three professional references.
Saint Joseph’s University is a private, Catholic, Jesuit institution and expects members of its community to be knowledgeable about its mission and to make a positive contribution to that mission. Saint Joseph’s University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer that seeks to recruit, develop and retain a talented and diverse workforce. EOE M/F/V/D