This ad is expired.
Provost, Senior Vice President of Academic and Student Affairs
Chicago State University
Chicago State University (CSU), a four year, residential, comprehensive university invites inquiries, nominations, and applications for the position of Provost, Senior Vice President of Academic and Student Affairs (Provost). Reporting to President Zaldwaynaka "Z" Scott, who has led CSU since 2018, and serving as a member of the president's Cabinet, the provost is the chief academic and student affairs officer of the University. The provost is responsible for
visionary leadership, and must be committed to the University culture of academic excellence to ensure an innovative, sustainable, and impactful future.
The next Provost will work collaboratively with dynamic teams in the President's Cabinet, Vice Presidents, among the academic deans, various University councils and committees, and with a faculty and staff deeply committed to students and shared governance. The successful candidate will provide leadership and stability and, ultimately, make decisions to ensure that the University delivers a strong and relevant educational experience for a diverse student body. The Provost will also provide the necessary leadership and vision to move CSU forward in achieving its aspiration: to be a top-of-mind, destination, and first-choice university for students and their families, staff, and faculty.
For more information about the position, institution, and application process, please download the full position profile from the Academic Search open searches page.
The new Provost, Senior Vice President of Academic and Student Affairs shall demonstrate the following required credentials:
● Candidates should possess a minimum of ten years' experience as a vice provost, dean or other significant academic leadership position with supervision experience.
● Candidates should have a terminal doctorate with credentials that merit appointment as a full professor in an academic department at CSU.
The new Provost may additionally possess some of the following preferred credentials:
● Experience in a unionized faculty environment, preferably in a four-year, public university setting.
● Experience working at a minority-serving institution.
● Strong written and oral communication skills; able to effectively communicate across various populations.
● Financial acumen; experience with complex budgeting and resource management.
● Proficient in collaborating with diverse stakeholders, departments, and faculty members to understand perspectives and garner support for proposed changes. Adept at fostering a culture of collaboration and transparency.
● Possesses a passion for problem-solving and a relentless drive to effect positive change. Exceptional relationship building skills; ability to gain trust and manage people effectively.
● Possesses a proven track record of initiating and managing change processes within complex academic environments. Capable of navigating challenges and resistance while championing meaningful transformation.
● Fundraising and grant writing/management experience.
● Commitment to advancing research and a strong scholarship record.
● Successful experience supporting student success initiatives as they relate to retention, persistence and graduation rates.
● Demonstrated commitment to and evidence of a history of successful shared governance strategies.
● Knowledge and understanding of the role Student Affairs plays in campus culture and student development.
● Experience with educational philosophies/practices that help to educate and support under-resourced students.
● Experience with supporting and developing graduate and professional degree programs.
● Experience working with community college partners.
● Budget management experience in a complex, multifaceted environment with competing priorities.
● Develops and implements a forward-thinking vision for academic excellence, leveraging insights from data to set strategic goals and guide the institution towards continuous improvement.
● Understands emerging technologies and the effective application of instructional technologies to enhance student learning.
● Adept at conducting comprehensive evaluations of existing academic processes and structures. Proficient in identifying areas for improvement, streamlining inefficiencies, and implementing solutions that drive impactful change.
● Demonstrates a proactive approach to problem-solving by employing creative and innovative strategies to address challenges.
Nomination and Application Process
Chicago State University is being assisted by Academic Search. Confidential discussions may be arranged by contacting Nancy Crimmin, Ed.D., Senior Consultant at [email protected]. The position is open until filled, but only applications received by January 29, 2024 can be assured full consideration.
Nominations should include the nominee's full name, position, institution/organization, and email address.
A completed application includes four documents, to be submitted electronically in .pdf format to [email protected].
1. A detailed letter of interest addressing the leadership agenda and qualifications as outlined in this profile;
2. A full résumé/curriculum vitae with relevant scholarly and administrative responsibilities and accomplishments;
3. A list of five professional references, including names, phone numbers, and email addresses, noting the candidate's relationship for each reference. References will not be contacted until later in the search process and only with the candidate's permission; and
4. A diversity statement (no more than 600 words) that addresses your philosophy, commitment, and experiences in creating a safe and welcoming environment. This statement may address personal and professional experiences, lessons learned, and anticipated projects. Concrete examples are encouraged.
Strengthened By Diversity
CSU is an Equal Opportunity Institution committed to cultural, racial, and multi-ethnic communities and compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act. Persons who need reasonable accommodations under the Americans with Disabilities Act to participate in the application process should contact the Office of Human Resources at 773-995-2040 or [email protected].
Copyright 2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency