This ad is expired.
School of Veterinary Science
College of Sciences
Hours of work:full-time
To viewacademic salary scales, please click here
Tāwharau Ora, the School of Veterinary Sciences at Massey University, invites applications for the position of Senior Lecturer or Associate Professor in Small Animal Surgery based in the Manawatū region of New Zealand. This is a permanent full-time position in our Companion Animal Hospital.
BUT if you are looking for a flexible locum scenario, then we would also like to hear from you.
About us | Ko wai mātou
Our name Tāwharau Ora encapsulates our aim to be a place of wellbeing, healing and recovery for people and animals. Tāwharau can be translated as shelter or haven, and the meanings of Ora include health, safe, recover, and heal. This is our mission.
Mahi Ngātahi | Who you will work with
As a specialist team, we get to work on some very cool surgical services combining leading techniques in soft tissue, orthopedics, and surgical oncology with a specialist-led anaesthesia service and fully equipped diagnostic imaging.
At Massey, our surgeons enjoy CAD and 3-D printing, Karl Storz 5mm laparoscopy and thoracoscopy, Philips fluoroscopic C-arm and radiographic DR systems, in-house 16 slice computed tomography and out-sourced magnetic resonance imaging at a local medical facility, interventional radiology, Ligasure vessel-sealing devices, AO/ASIF/Synthes plating systems, CRF, ImexESF, and Biomedrix CFX total hip replacement system.
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
To be successful in this role, it is important that you are a qualified small animal specialist surgeon, having achieved diplomate or equivalent status (ACVS / ECVS / FANZCVS), and that your qualification will be eligible for Specialist Registration with the Veterinary Council of New Zealand. Applications from residency-trained candidates will also be considered.
In this role, you will:
- Provide a specialist referral surgical service to our referring clinics from across the lower North Island of Aotearoa.
- Provide clinical services to clients of the Small Animal Hospital within the Veterinary Teaching Hospital.
- Participate in daily clinical teaching activities involving rotating house officers (interns, residents) and veterinary students.
- Provide lectures, tutorials, and case-based instruction to veterinary undergraduates.
- Depending on appointment level, you may also contribute to course coordination and clinical roster leadership.
- Hold a veterinary degree registrable in New Zealand.
The salary range for this role is at a Senior Lecturer / Associate Professor grade (2024), ranging from $101,724 - $157,025 (NZD). Salary will be negotiable by background/experience.
What's on offer
- Five university holidays per year in addition to four weeks of annual leave
- Up to 6.75% employer contribution to the UniSaver Superannuation Scheme
- Subsidised Southern Cross Healthcare plan for you and your family
- Special staff rates available for campus gym membership
- Staff purchasing privileges and discounts at many commercial and retail businesses across NZ
- Access to a wonderful on-Campus crèche /day care facilities for dependents of staff
- Comprehensive professional development and training programmes.
Check out your new city:
Palmerston North; Manawatu; New Zealandhttps://manawatunz.co.nz/live/work/
If you are ready for a change and are looking for a position that can provide you with professional and intellectual opportunities as well as an appealing lifestyle, please contact us for more information:
Dr. Thomas Odom – Associate Professor at [email protected]or Dr Jane Langton Burnell - Vet Teaching Hospital Director at [email protected]
Applications will be reviewed upon receipt and appointments may be made prior to the closing date.
To view/download the job description, please click on the file belowJD- Senior Lecturer / Associate Professor in CA Surgery
How to apply:
- Start your application by clicking here.
- Login to an existing account or reset your password
- Preview Application Form
Copyright 2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency