The University of St. Thomas (UST), a private Catholic University committed to the liberal arts and the religious and intellectual tradition of Catholic higher education, located in Houston, Texas, near the vibrant central business district, Texas Medical Center, and museum district, is seeking applicants for an Adjunct faculty position to teach various undergraduate psychology courses, including General Psychology and Human Growth and Development.
Provide the expertise and knowledge that support the undergraduate psychology curriculum.
The qualifications listed below are representative of the education, experience, knowledge, skills and/or abilities required.
A Master’s Degree in Psychology required; a Ph.D. in Psychology preferred.
Teaching experience at the college level in psychology; ability to teach in various teaching formats including in-person, hybrid, hyflex, and online, and demonstrated excellence in teaching.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Must provide teaching evaluations with include quantitative and qualitative feedback.
- Must be able to teach in-person but comfortable with offering the class as hyflex or hybrid online formats.
- Must be familiar with Blackboard.
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate effectively with a diverse student population.
- Must possess good organizational and planning skills.
- Must have experience with students from diverse academic, socio-economic, cultural and ethnic backgrounds and students with disabilities.
- Must demonstrate ability to inspire and motivate students in a learning-centered environment.
How to apply
Applicants are to submit a resume, cover letter, a statement of teaching philosophy, and a statement of their understanding of Ex Corde Ecclesiae.
The University of St. Thomas is an Equal Opportunity Employer
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website. https://www.applicantpro.com/j/1971778-332676