The American University of the Middle East (AUM) is a private university established in 2005 in Kuwait. AUM’s mission is to provide an interactive learning environment that facilitates the development of leaders who are committed to their culture, global ethical values, and professionalism.
Within the last ten years, AUM became a landmark in the private higher education sector in Kuwait and the region through its curricula, its integrated and green campus, and a culture which embraces diversity and innovation. The University is ranked as the Top University in Kuwait and 24th in the region in Times Higher Education(THE) Arab University Rankings 2021.
The College of Engineering and Technology (CoET) at AUM is dedicated to maintaining high quality academic programs by adopting a learner centered approach. CoET aspires to prepare students for life-long learning and careers in engineering for engineering students, and in technology for technology students; with emphasis on leadership skills and creative work so they can lead cultural, social, and economic development.
AUM College of Engineering and Technology is recruiting full-time faculty members as Assistant/Associate Professors for its Civil Engineering Department to start from Spring Semester 2023.
· A PhD Degree in Civil Engineering or a related field from an internationally accredited university.
· Excellent publication records, in particular during the last five years.
· Pursue academic achievements, and have a demonstrable research capability.
· Publish his/her research findings in refereed journals.
· Have a solid commitment to teaching excellence and student advising at the undergraduate level.
· Prepare teaching materials, maintain and improve competence in subjects being taught.
· Ability to work in a diverse, interdisciplinary, and fast-paced environment is essential.
· Have demonstrable skills in oral and written English.
· Industry experience is a plus for this position.
In addition to the above requirements, successful applicants should demonstrate teaching experience and research interest in at least one of the following topics:
• Hydraulic and hydrologic
• Any other research areas related to Civil engineering
Faculty members are engaged in teaching, services, research and professional development tasks.
Successful candidates are expected to:
· Significantly contribute to the advancement of the research activities and publish research findings in refereed journals.
· Have a strong commitment to teaching excellence, and student advising at undergraduate levels.
· Prepare teaching materials, maintaining and improving competence in subjects being taught.
· Develop and deliver courses to students.
· Prepare class activities, quizzes, assessments and exams.
· Passionately supporting the college and departmental wide activities and services with a spirit of leadership, commitment, accountability, and collegiality.
· Evaluate, monitor and mentor student academic progress.
· Supervise and assist students in all aspects related to the courses.
· Guide, lead and mentor students in research projects.
· Engage actively in promoting the growth of AUM and participate in strategic activities and events.
· Participate in departmental and college meetings and activities.
· Serve and support functional activities of departmental committees.
· Supervise and support TAs and lab instructors.
· Undertake any other duties as may be directed by the Head of Department.
How to apply
Applicants are invited to apply by sending the following documents to [email protected]:
· Cover Letter.
· Curriculum Vitae (CV) with a recent photo.
· Copies of diplomas and certificates.
· Recommendation letters, if available.