Posting Number: P1680F
Job Description Summary
- The Department of Psychology at Auburn University invites applications for two full-time non-tenure track positions as Assistant Clinical Professors beginning fall semester, August 16, 2020.
- The positions involve clinical supervision and training of graduate students enrolled in our doctoral program (http://www.cla.auburn.edu/psychology/clinical/), direct service to clients, administrative duties, and program development.
- Duties will be performed primarily in the Auburn University Psychological Services Center (http://www.cla.auburn.edu/psychology/aupsc/about-the-center/), our department’s in-house training clinic that provides assessment and intervention services to children, adolescents and adults from the surrounding community.
- There is also the opportunity to work with clinic and community partners to maintain and develop integrated training opportunities and external practicum sites, provide clinical outreach, and to teach graduate and undergraduate courses.
- All faculty are expected to attend faculty meetings and participate in other departmental events.
- The university has a clinical career ladder for promotion as a faculty member exhibits professional productivity and develops local/regional/national reputation within the field.
- Candidates must have a doctoral degree in clinical psychology or a related field from an APA accredited program by the time of appointment and be license eligible in Alabama.
- Experience with both child and adult therapy and assessment cases is desirable, although candidates with expertise and/or specialization with more specific clinical populations will also be strongly considered.
- The successful candidate will bring a commitment to high quality supervision, evidence-based clinical training and service delivery, and program development.
- Excellent teaching, organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills are essential.
- Previous experience delivering high quality, evidence-based supervision of graduate students within an outpatient university training clinic. Interest in working collaboratively alongside other professionals to create an enriching training environment.
How to apply
- Include a cover letter; curriculum vitae; statement of clinical interests as well as statement addressing past and/or potential contributions to diversity through teaching, professional activities and/or service; transcripts; and contact information for three professional references.
- Review of applications will begin February 1, 2020 and will continue until a candidate is selected. Please visit our webpage to learn more about the Department of Psychology: http://www.cla.auburn.edu/psychology.
- Questions regarding this position should be addressed to search chair, Dr. Nadia Bhuiyan at [email protected].
Open Until Filled: Yes