George Fox University announces a tenure-track faculty position in the School of Nursing, to begin in August 2018. The School of Nursing is seeking a faculty member who is enthusiastic about educating the next generation of nurses in our pre-licensure baccalaureate program. The ideal candidate will have experience working with diverse populations across the lifespan, with a minimum of five years of RN practice. Experience as a nurse educator with classroom, simulation, and clinical teaching experience is also highly valued.
George Fox University, a Christ-centered community, prepares students spiritually, academically, and professionally to think with clarity, act with integrity, and serve with passion. Professors teach all truth as God’s truth, integrating all fields of learning around the person and work of Jesus Christ, bringing the divine revelations through sense, reason, and intuition to the confirming test of Scripture. As a Christ-centered community, George Fox University is an institution that values diversity as an essential dimension of God’s design for human communities. In seeking to become a more inclusive community, we especially encourage applications from women and candidates from racial and ethnic backgrounds that are underrepresented on our faculty.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Develop and maintain professional working relationships with healthcare agency professionals and other campus educators.
- Establish and maintain a positive teaching environment.
- Teach theory and clinical nursing courses.
- Participate in the ongoing and innovative work of the School of Nursing.
- Engage in scholarship that contributes to the advancement of nursing as a profession.
- Participate in the work of the department and the university, including advising and serving on university committees as needed.
- Master of Science in Nursing is required; Doctorate in Nursing or relevant field preferred.
- Current, unencumbered Oregon R.N. license.
- Minimum of five years practicing as an RN.
- Nursing education experience in a higher education institution preferred.
- Excellent professional interpersonal, organizational, and communication skills.
- Commitment to maintaining consistently high professional standards.
- Must be able to work effectively within and embrace working with a growing, innovative team.
- A commitment to working with a diverse population of students is essential; demonstrated experience in this area is preferred.
- All applicants must express a personal commitment to Jesus Christ and express their Christian testimony in a local church. In addition, professors agree to live in agreement with the Community Lifestyle Statement and affirm the theological commitments expressed in the Statement of Faith.
Salary and Rank
Appointment at the Assistant Professor level is anticipated, though candidates with significant teaching experience at previous institutions may be considered for appointment at the rank of Associate Professor. Salary and benefits are competitive with comparable institutions.
How to apply
Application Procedures apply only through this website
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.