SUPERVISOR: Dean of School of Arts and Sciences
DEPARTMENT: School of Arts and Sciences
Tiffin University invites applications for an Assistant Professor position in English/Rhetoric and Composition in the School of Arts & Sciences. The position will begin either January 2020, or August 2020. This is a full-time, benefits-eligible appointment.
The successful candidate will be expected to:
• Comply with the iCare Values of Tiffin University and cultivation of professional
attitudes for creating successful students.
• Responsible for the instruction, supervision and evaluation of students in the classroom setting as well as course assessments for the department. Responsible for teaching first year writing courses and other technical and business writing courses, using curriculum approved by the School of Arts and Sciences.
• Contribute to curriculum development and faculty development in Writing Programs
• Engage in professional, university, and community service as appropriate
• Ph.D. in Rhetoric and Composition or related discipline by the time of appointment.
• Evidence of strong commitment to teaching.
• Theoretical grounding in writing studies curriculum and pedagogy in one or more of the following areas: technical writing, professional writing, project-based writing
pedagogies, and writing across the curriculum.
• Experience teaching in face to face, online or hybrid formats
• Evidence of participation in rhetoric/composition conferences or other professional
• Demonstrated success meeting the needs of underrepresented student populations and/or reaching out to diverse communities
Interdependence: Fosters collaboration
Communication: Strong decision making and communication skills
Accountability: Formulates effective and progressive strategies aligned with University mission and values
Respect: Creates an engaging, collaborative work environment by bringing diverse people and ideas together.
Entrepreneurship: Influences and Inspires
Physically able to sit and stand for long hours
How to apply
All qualified and interested candidates should submit resume along with cover letter and a minimum of three references to:
Application materials should be submitted to: Nadia A.V. Lewis Assistant Vice President for Human Resources
Attention: Dr Joyce Hall-Yates, Dean of School of Arts and Sciences
We are strongly committed to enhancing equity, inclusion, and diversity. These values are central to our beliefs. Candidates who have worked with a diverse range of faculty, staff, and students and who can contribute to our mission of inclusivity are encouraged to identify their experiences and interests. Tiffin University actively seeks to increase the diversity of its workforce. We are dedicated to providing educational, working and living environments that value the diverse backgrounds of all people.