NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
Department: Chemistry / 0-1213-000
College: College of Arts and Sciences
Salary Plan: Faculty
Hours: Monday to Friday, 8:00 am to 5:00 pm
Hiring Salary: Negotiable
- Responsible to chair or other appropriate higher-level administrator of a State university.
- Responsible for services (training and running samples) for internal and external users.
- Responsible for research, teaching and related administrative activities. Responsible for efficient and safe operation of instrumentation in chromatography (MPLC, HPLC, UHPLC), mass spectrometry, (LC-MS, GC-MS), ADME screening (Parallel Artificial Membrane Permeability Assay [PAMPA] and drug solubility evaluation), synthesis, spectroscopy (IR, UV/Vis) and lyophilization.
- Responsible for all maintenance, trouble- shooting diagnosis and repairs. Responsible for a fluidic scheduling of the core facility instruments, monitoring and keeping tracks of users group usage.
- Responsible for annual budget planning and reconciliation.
- Responsible for strategic planning, proposal, and recommendation on purchases of new equipment to modernize the core facility.
- Responsible for academic advising and related activities.
- May represent the university, college/school, or department/unit on university and/or Statewide committees.
QUALIFICATIONS (Education & Experience):
- Doctorate (Ph.D.) in Chemistry, or related.
- Three (3) years of required experience running a collaborative research facility aimed at the synthesis, analysis, purification and ADME screening of chemical substances must include: Providing customer quality, comprehensive report through core facility services; Assisting users with equipment usage problems and other difficulties; Conducting research and maintaining a publication record; Experience with the operation, maintenance, training and repair of complex modern chemistry instrumentation, including preparative and analytical HPLC, MPLC, GC, mass spectrometers (including single quadrupole, triple quadrupole, quadrupole time of flight), robotic liquid handlers, multimode plate readers, microwave reactors, CD, UV/Vis, FTIR and lyophilizers (including the general purpose freeze-dryer for large and bulky material); and Billing customers for their use of the facility to secure a balanced budget core facility.
Information for Applicants
This position is subject to a Level 1 criminal background check.
Job Opening Number: 33347
Posting End Date: 04/14/2023
How to apply
When applying to an opening you will have the opportunity to upload a cover letter and resume.
Apply online by completing the required information and attaching your cover letter and resume. Please include your experience as it relates to the qualifications stated above. YOUR COVER LETTER AND RESUME, PLUS ANY OTHER REQUESTED MATERIAL, MUST BE IN ONE ATTACHMENT. Only online applications are accepted for this position.
Click here for additional tutorial information.
Equal Employment Opportunity
USF is an equal opportunity, equal access academic institution that embraces diversity in the workplace. Conclusion of this search is subject to final budget approval. According to Florida Law, applications and meetings regarding them are open to the public. For disability accommodations, contact Sergio Garcia at [email protected] a minimum of five working days in advance.
The University of South Florida does not discriminate on the basis of sex and prohibits sexual harassment. Any person may report sex discrimination, including sexual harassment (whether or not the person reporting is the person alleged to be the victim of conduct that could constitute sex discrimination or sexual harassment), in person, by mail, by telephone, or by electronic mail, using the contact information listed for the Title IX Coordinator. Reports may be made at any time either online or directly to the University’s Title IX Coordinator.
Campus map and location overview: USF – Tampa Campus
The University of South Florida is a high-impact global research university dedicated to student success. Over the past 10 years, no other public university in the country has risen faster in U.S. News and World Report’s national university rankings than USF. Serving more than 50,000 students on campuses in Tampa, St. Petersburg and Sarasota-Manatee, USF is designated as a Preeminent State Research University by the Florida Board of Governors, placing it in the most elite category among the state’s 12 public universities. USF is a member of the American Athletic Conference.
Working at USF
With more than 16,000 employees at USF, the University of South Florida is one of the largest employers in the Tampa Bay region. At USF you will find opportunities to excel in a rich academic environment that fosters the development and advancement of our employees. We believe in creating a talented, engaged and driven workforce through on-going development and career opportunities. We also offer a first class benefit package that includes medical, dental and life insurance plans, retirement plan options, tuition program and generous leave programs and more.
To learn more about working at USF please visit: Work Here. Learn Here. Grow Here.