Auckland / Palmerston North, New Zealand
Students and Global Engagement
Term length: ongoing
Hours of work: full-time
We are currently accepting applications from international candidates, however due to border restrictions caused by Covid-19 and the worldwide pandemic, we will only process applications from non NZ Citizens or non NZ Residents who are likely to gain border exemption and an appropriate NZ Work Visa.
Massey University is committed to student wellbeing, development and achievement.
This is in part achieved by enabling our students to learn and achieve their full academic and personal potential through the provision of accessible, efficient and effective personal and career development services and programmes. Massey is also committed to an authentic partnership with our student body and enabling student voices to be heard in decision-making and service design.
The purpose of the Associate Director is to lead the Development and Partnerships team to meet key objectives that align with the University’s strategy. Both operationally and strategically focused, the role will manage and monitor key business activities, people and operational standards, delivering continuous improvement through project management and individual plans.
The role is based within the Deputy Vice-Chancellor, Students and Global Engagement portfolio, specifically within the Student Experience Office. The incumbent will be a key senior member of a productive and collaborative team and with an ever-evolving student population, this newly created position with be responsible for driving innovation and a culture of continuous improvement to the development of students at Massey University.
Our services are spread across Aotearoa New Zealand and include provision for our online students who are across the world.
Key responsibilities of the role include:
- Overseeing the delivery of responsive and accessible student personal and career development services and programmes
- Developing and executing student partnership strategic initiatives to engage, enable and empower students
- Ensuring student complaints and concerns are well managed and reported on
- Maintaining and developing strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders, including student representatives
- Encouraging and role modelling lifelong learning by encouraging professional development and use of research-led practices.
Our ideal candidate will:
- Demonstrate awareness of Te Tiriti o Waitangi, its relevance in relation to the work of the University and its contribution to Aotearoa New Zealand society
- Have relevant qualification or an equivalent combination of relevant experience and education/training
- Have experience in managing and leading the provision of a career or personal development service within a tertiary environment
- Have the ability to think creatively and strategically to respond to challenges.
This position is full time and it is our preference that the successful candidate is based at our Auckland or Palmerston North Campus.
To view/download the job description, please click on the file belowAssociate Director, Student Development and Partnership – JD
How to apply
Start your application by clicking here