The Games Interactive Media and Mobile (GIMM) program at Boise State University invites applications for the position of Clinical Assistant Professor (multi-year renewing contract). GIMM is a high-tech transdisciplinary program with a leading-edge curriculum in animation, games, emerging media arts, virtual/augmented reality, and Internet of Things. We seek candidates with a record of accomplishment in games, virtual and augmented reality to join our faculty.
Essential duties include teaching 12 credits per semester at the undergraduate level; mentoring undergraduate capstone students; and contributing to public-facing programming. The appointment will begin in Fall 2023 and will be an in-person position at Boise State University’s main campus in Boise, Idaho.
Boise State University is building an inclusive community of faculty and staff whose unique skills, cultural contributions, work history, and perspectives create a rich and rewarding academic experience for our students. We seek applicants who are committed to helping us achieve our vision of a diverse and inclusive community.
About the Department:
The Games Interactive Media and Mobile (GIMM) program at Boise State University is an award-winning organization with a strong background in using emerging high technology for community-based service and research. Our program has won national awards and recognition for its work with Virtual Reality pedagogy, the creation of tools for children with special needs, and animation. We are a strong program of faculty with diverse backgrounds in areas such as Human-Computer Interaction and Cognitive Engineering. We have state-of-the-art labs and a comprehensive hardware library enabling our students to develop tools using VR/AR, haptics, Motion Capture, Internet of Things (IoT) and immersive animation.
Minimum Education and Experience:
- An earned graduate degree appropriate to the academic discipline and a record of productivity and professional achievement.
Preferred Education and Experience:
- A doctoral degree, MA, or MFA in Game Development, Computer Science, or a related academic discipline is required prior to joining; those with ABD status will be considered at the application/interviewing stage.
- Demonstrated understanding of Unity or UnReal game engines
- Demonstrated familiarity with Adobe Creative Cloud
How to apply
- Cover letter and full curriculum vitae summarizing their interests and their qualifications for the position
- Statement of teaching philosophy describing their conceptualizations of teaching, learning, and assessment methods
- Statement of research interests describing past, present, and future research an online portfolio of work
- Full contact information for at least three academic or professional references.
The position will remain open until filled, with full consideration for applications submitted by March 31st, 2023.
For questions related to this search or to request accommodations, please contact Dr. Anthony Ellertson at [email protected].
The salary range is $80,000 to $85,000 and is commensurate with experience. Boise State University is committed to offering a benefits package that provides health and financial protection plans as well as resources to promote health and well-being. Our program provides flexibility so you can choose the benefits that are right for you and your family. Learn more about our benefit options.
Learn more about faculty careers at Boise State.
Boise State University is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer, and members of historically underrepresented groups are especially encouraged to apply. We are a welcoming campus that supports diversity and inclusion through the Center for Teaching and Learning, paid parental leave, telecommuting opportunities, the Employee Assistance Program, child care access, career coaching, counseling, and the Gender Equity Center.
Boise State University is strongly committed to achieving excellence through cultural diversity. The University actively encourages applications and nominations of women, persons of color, and members of other underrepresented groups. EOE/AA Institution. Veterans preference may be applicable.