Division/College: Col of Agricultural & Life Sciences
Employee Category: Faculty
Pay Range: $74,114.88 – $86,440.90 commensurate with experience and market
Full/Part Time: Full Time
The successful candidate will hold a 12-month, non-tenure track Clinical Assistant/Associate Professor at the University of Idaho and serve as a food processing specialist as part of the TechHelp Organization, Idaho manufacturing Extension partnership. This position will provide technical assistance and training to Idaho food processors, helping them improve product quality, food safety, productivity and competitiveness. This position will be responsible for Extension and outreach to the food industries in Idaho, business development, training and consulting. Regular travel statewide is required.
- Masters degree in Food Science, Engineering, Science, or related discipline by date of hire.
- 5+ years of technical experience in the food processing industry.
- Food safety and quality management proficiency through certifications, skills and experience.
- Experience in conducting training on food safety, quality management, and food manufacturing.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both oral and written.
- Ability to effectively engage with a diverse group of people, at all levels of a company, to achieve company and program goals.
- Computer literate with word processing, database, spreadsheet, and educational applications.
- Dairy processing industry experience.
- 10+ years of technical experience in the food and beverage processing industry.
- Technical Expertise, including: Food safety and regulatory compliance, plant operations, productivity, processing technologies, workforce training, quality management and/or product development.
- Professional Skills, including: Problem-solving, communicating, public speaking, effective negotiations, decision-making.
Physical Requirements & Working Conditions:
Posting Number: F000779P
Open Until Filled: Yes
For the Letter of Qualification, please address how you meet EACH required qualification and any applicable preferred qualifications.For more information contact: Catherine Cantley TechHelp Idaho 1910 University Drive MBEB 2256 Boise ID 83725-1656 [email protected]
Background Check: Applicants who are selected as final possible candidates must be able to pass a criminal background check.
How to apply
To apply, please visit: jobs.uidaho.edu
University of Idaho is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer.