Posting Number: 20231028F
Work Schedule: full-time/12-months
The Villanova University M. Louise Fitzpatrick College of Nursing is pleased to invite applications for the position of Assistant/Associate Director of the Doctor of Nursing Practice-Nurse Anesthesia Program (DNP-NA). This full-time 12-month continuing non-tenure track position commences in Summer 2023.
TThe Associate Program Director provides leadership and operational support for the Nurse Anesthesia Program under the direction of the Program Director. The Associate Program Director works collaboratively with FCN Leadership, faculty, staff and students to ensure the nurse anesthesia program meets accreditation and regulatory standards, provides excellent learning experiences, and is at the cutting-edge of nurse anesthesia education.
At the M. Louise Fitzpatrick College of Nursing, we innovate and educate. We seek a visionary, innovative and dynamic leader in this role who will maximize our academic potential for the greater good of the entire community. Join us-a strong community committed to inspiring each other to ignite change.
Villanova is a Catholic university sponsored by the Augustinian order. Diversity and inclusion have been and will continue to be an integral component of Villanova University’s mission. The University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and seeks candidates who understand, respect and can contribute to the University’s mission and values.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Models excellence in teaching didactic, theory, and principles of practice including pharmacology, physiology, pathophysiology, and anesthesia principles and techniques. Course content is assigned and includes simulation instruction on as needed basis by the Program Director in consultation with the Associate Director.
- Aids in planning, advising and assisting faculty members in their educational duties, including course outlines, objectives, exams, clinical instruction, and evaluation.
- Works closely with the Director, provides strategic leadership for the implementation of the DNP-NA curriculum ensuring the FCN program remains at the forefront of cutting-edge DNP-NA education. Facilitates implementation of all accreditation mandates required by the Council on Accreditation.
- Supports the planning, coordination and supervising of student’s clinical and didactic evaluations and assists in scheduling students’ academic and clinical experiences.
- Plans and participates in recruitment and orientation of new faculty, lecturers, and students.
- Nurtures an environment of collegiality and transparency.
- Teaches in Academic Program.
- Participates in all accreditation related activities including development of the program self-study.
- Leads on-going program evaluation under the direction of the Program Director with a focus on ongoing program improvement.
- Assists in planning and coordination of committee activities that support the program and its’ affiliations.
- Serves as an active member of the program and FCN Committees ,
- Assists with the development, administration and review of student policies and procedures governing the following: recruitment, selection, evaluation, due process, graduation, personnel policies and assignments. Assists with development, review, and update of the Administrative Manual.
- Leads activities related to interviewing and selecting candidates.
- Prepares quarterly evaluation summaries for students. Conducts meetings with students regarding clinical and didactic progress. Counsels’ students as needed. Aids in maintaining all necessary student clinical and didactic records, statistical reports, and files.
- Performs clinical site visits annually and as needed and in collaboration with the Director.
- Prepares reports of same and creates surveys and statistics as needed for Self-Evaluation Committee.
- Creates and submits an Annual Report to the Dean and maintains student and faculty data.
- Supports student and faculty retention and serves on search committees as needed.
- CRNA with an earned doctoral degree from an institution of higher education that was accredited by an agency officially recognized by the US Secretary of Education to accredit institutions at the time the degree was conferred.
- Eligibility for RN licensure in Pennsylvania.
- Eligibility for recertification by the NBCRNA.
- Earned Master’s in Nursing
- Formal instruction in curriculum, evaluation and instruction (per COA DNP std B17.)
- Minimum of three years’ academic administration experience or other significant academic/educational nursing leadership experience.
- Ability to support development and implementation of mission-centered, innovative, cost-effective curricula.
- Experience developing strong clinical partnerships locally to support the academic programs.
- Teaching experience at the graduate level.
- Experience with innovative, evidence-based, and technologically rich teaching strategies.
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills, collegiality, and the ability to collaborate.
- Fiscal acumen.
- The highest standards of personal and professional integrity.
- An administrative leadership style that is responsive to the needs of faculty, students, and staff.
How to apply
Applications must include a cover letter and resume/curriculum vitae.
1) A statement articulating how the candidate’s contributions support the University’s mission (and enduring principles) and 2) a statement on inclusive excellence are required at time of interview.
Contact information for three individual references are required for all finalists.
Required for appointment:
- Official transcripts from undergraduate and graduate degrees.
- Evidence of professional liability insurance.
- Criminal background check clearance.
- FBI fingerprints and PA Child Abuse Clearance.
Salary Posting Information
Diversity and inclusion have been and will continue to be an integral component of Villanova University’s mission. The University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and seeks candidates who understand, respect and can contribute to the University’s mission and values.
If you apply for this position or indicate an interest advise the HR person you saw this advertisements on jobs.world.edu