Boston University College of Health & Rehabilitation Sciences: Sargent College is seeking a Lecturer to join the Health Science Program. The Department of Health Sciences believes that the cultural and social diversity of our faculty, staff, and students is vitally important to the distinction and excellence of our academic programs and scholarship. We are especially eager to have join our ranks colleagues who support our institutional commitment to ensuring BU is inclusive, equitable, diverse, and a place where every individual can thrive.
This is a full-time, renewable, non-tenure track appointment that will begin in Fall 2020. Lecturers at Boston University are expected to teach, contribute to curriculum development, advise students, participate in service, and demonstrate a commitment to our institutional values regarding diversity, equity, and inclusion. The individual hired into this position will teach 3-4 courses per semester, advise students in the Health Science major, and engage in service as a member of the university community. The successful candidate will have a demonstrated interest in teaching and mentoring undergraduate students and an interest in contributing to the ongoing development of the undergraduate program in Health Science.
Required qualifications include:
- MPH or other relevant master’s degree or equivalent
- Teaching experience at the college or university level
- Expertise in one or more of the following areas: community health, global health, environmental health & climate change, epidemiology, immigrant health, complex humanitarian emergencies, or clinical practice
Preferred qualifications include one or more of the following:
- PhD, DrPH, or other relevant doctoral degree or CNM, NP, PA or other clinical training or 2-3 years of teaching and/or work experience beyond the master’s degree
- Experience teaching face-to-face undergraduate courses as instructor of record
- Experience advising undergraduate students
- Experience in supervising or placing students for health-related practica or internships
The Department of Health Sciences is part of a vibrant Boston University community that includes 17 schools and colleges across the Charles River and Medical campuses. We invite you to join our interdisciplinary faculty and become involved with our network of opportunities within Boston University and the greater Boston community.
How to apply
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. Please submit a cover letter, curriculum vitae, and contact information for three references. In your letter, please include a description of how, as a teacher, mentor, or community member, you would engage and sustain our institutional commitment to fostering a more inclusive university culture and climate. Electronic submission preferred:
Health Science Search Committee
BU College of Health and Rehabilitation Sciences: Sargent College
635 Commonwealth Avenue
Boston, MA 02215
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We are a VEVRAA Federal Contractor.