Position Number: 10042402
Benefits Eligible: Yes
Campus Location: Dahlonega
The University of North Georgia College of Education is currently in search of a Lecturer of Kinesiology for the Fall 2020 semester.
Located in the fastest-growing region of the state, the University of North Georgia is a multi-campus university with an enrollment of nearly 20,000 students, making it one of the largest institutions in the University System of Georgia. UNG is focused on a mission of educational excellence, leadership development and community engagement opportunities that develop students into leaders for a diverse and global society. Through a variety of educational pathways that provide access and range from certificates and associate degrees to a professional doctoral program, UNG is responsive to regional education and economic development needs. Federally designated as a senior military college, one of the university’s signature leadership programs is its 800-member Corps of Cadets on UNG’s Dahlonega Campus.
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
The successful candidate will:
- Be responsible for delivering quality instruction in undergraduate kinesiology with teacher certification courses;
- Be responsible for student supervision at local P-12 schools;
- Must be able to deliver content in Kinesiology with teacher certification courses;
- Serve as an advisor for undergraduate students; and
- Serve on committees and participate in official activities at the department, college, and university levels.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Ability to integrate technology in the classroom in order to engage the students of today;
- Ability to integrate a diverse and multicultural perspective into teaching;
- Demonstrated leadership in program, university and professional service activities and organizations; and
- Commitment to working collaboratively with department faculty, staff, and others throughout the institution/organization.
Certifications/Licenses & Minimum Requirements:
- Masters required in Physical Education or related field.
- At least three years of public school teaching experience required.
- Georgia Teacher Certification
Anticipated Hire Date: 08/01/2020
How to apply
Apply online with: Required Documents: Cover Letter, Resume/Curriculum Vitae, Unofficial Transcripts
Special Instructions to Applicants: If you received any graduate degrees from an institution outside the United States, you must provide a foreign course-by-course credential evaluation by an independent evaluation service that is a member of the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services, Inc. (NACES). Find a full list of NACES members at http://www.naces.org/members.htm.
Please submit contact information for three professional references.
In addition to a background check, this position will also require a DMV check.
Employer Information: All employment offers are contingent upon successful completion of a background investigation, as determined by the University of North Georgia in its sole discretion. The University of North Georgia, a unit of the University System of Georgia, is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sex or national origin, age, disability, religion, genetics or veteran status. Georgia is an open records state. Also, UNG is a federal contractor and desires priority referrals of protected veterans.
We provide equal employment opportunities to minorities, females, protected veterans, and disabled individuals, as well as other protected groups.
Information: Georgia is an open records state. Also, UNG is a federal contractor and desires priority referrals of protected veterans. We provide equal employment opportunities to minorities, females, protected veterans, and disabled individuals, as well as other protected groups.