NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
The School of Arts, Letters, & Sciences is seeking a Part-time Assistant Professor in the following areas of specialization(s): English Literature.
Part-time faculty members teach courses within a programmatic core discipline as assigned. We are looking for instructors to teach lower-division Introduction to Literature and possible upper division or graduate level courses depending on qualifications. Courses are offered online in an accelerated one-month format. Primary responsibility is to engage students, offer excellent feedback, and inspire students to achieve course and program outcomes relevant to the core discipline. This position works closely with other faculty teaching in the discipline, Associate Dean, and Dean.
The role of Part-time Assistant Professor includes teaching courses within a programmatic core discipline as assigned.
Compliance with University Policies
Part-time Assistant Professors are expected to know, acknowledge, and comply with University policies as stated in the Team Member Handbook and Faculty Handbook.
Supervisory Responsibilities: N/A
Education & Experience:
- Master’s Degree or higher in English or Comparative Literature or related disciplines from a regionally accredited university.
- PhD preferred.
- Experience teaching literature in Higher Education required.
- Experience teaching online required.
- Experience teaching diverse working adults preferred.
- Must reside and be eligible to work in the United States.
- Facility with online learning management systems.
- Ability to incorporate equitable and inclusive teaching strategies for a diverse student population.
- Ability to provide effective feedback on student work in an online asynchronous setting.
- Ability to work collaboratively and communicate effectively with department colleagues.
- Ability to teach to stated Course Learning Outcomes.
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills
- Willingness to experiment with innovative online teaching strategies.
Travel: No travel required
Hourly: $25.85 – $28.05
Candidate receiving offers will be offered a salary/pay rate commensurate with experience that vary based on a candidate’s qualifications, skills, and competencies. Absent exceptional circumstances, candidates will be offered a salary within this range for this position. Base pay is one component of National University’s total rewards package, as we are dedicated to supporting the needs of the “whole you” with our holistic approach to employee benefits by offering comprehensive well-being benefits for you and your family. For full details about our benefit plan offerings, please visit benefits.nu.edu. For part-time positions, please click here.
How to apply
National University offers an opportunity to work in an innovative environment that supports diversity.
National University (NU) is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and does not unlawfully discriminate against any employee or applicant for employee per applicable federal, state and local laws. At NU, a diverse mix of highly talented, innovative, and create people come together to make the impact of a lifetime for each of our student learners. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment, education, and admission at National University. We are focused on equality and believe deeply in diversity of race, color, ancestry, age, family care status, veteran status, marital status, creed, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, national origin, and other legally protected group status.