NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
Close Date: 2/13/2025
Salary: For salary and placement information, visit www.palomar.edu/hr/employees/classifications/salary/ and use the links in the Part-time Faculty section.
Benefits: For information about part-time faculty health benefits, visit www.palomar.edu/hr/employees/personnel/ptfaculty.
Part-time faculty employees are eligible to elect membership in one of the following retirement plans:
- CalSTRS (California State Teachers Retirement System)
- APPLE (Accumulation Program for Part-Time Limited-Service Employees)
Must meet one of the sets of qualifications listed under 1) through 3):
- A Masters in dance, physical education with a dance emphasis, or theater with dance emphasis.
- A Bachelors in any of the above AND a Masters in physical education, any life science, physiology, theater arts, kinesiology, humanities, performing arts, or music.
- A combination of education and experience that is at least the equivalent of the qualifications in either 1) or 2) above. You must complete and attach the Application for Equivalency form (www.palomar.edu/hr/equivalency-app/), if you do not possess the specific minimum qualifications as stated above, which includes degrees that have not been awarded at the time of submitting the application.
Only coursework completed at, and degrees awarded by, accredited institutions recognized by the U.S. Department of Education will be considered as satisfying the minimum qualifications. Coursework and degrees that are completed outside of the United States are required to have transcripts evaluated (evaluation to U.S. equivalency and a course by course analysis) by an appropriate U.S. credentials evaluation service. For a list of credentials evaluation agencies accepted by Palomar College, visit the National Association of Credentials Evaluation Services (NACES) website at www.naces.org/members.htm, or the Association of International Credential Evaluators, Inc. (AICE) website at http://aice-eval.org/.
Diversity Statement: Palomar College serves over 30,000 students from a variety of backgrounds and we are proud to be a Hispanic Serving Institution. Our student body is rich in its diversity. Click here to see a quick overview of our student demographics on our recent Student Fact Sheet.
Palomar College is committed to diversity, equity, inclusion, access and antiracism. We are dedicated to empowering students to succeed and are guided by our core values; some of which are the following:
- Access – We make education possible for everyone.
- Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion – We recognize and respect diversity, seek to foster a culture of inclusion and belonging, and strive to address inequities.
All positions require cultural competency which includes the sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, and ethnic backgrounds of community college students, faculty, and staff.
How to apply
To Apply: Visit
Apply for this Job